Computer Question

cowboyron

My Smilie guys are dead...they have been dead for a long time. Does anybody know what the deal is. When my Norton scans my puter it comes up with an error, when I click on fix error It tries but after so many attempts a box comes up saying there is a program running the back ground. I can't for the life of me figure out what is running. I need HELP!! :type:

L

loouuii

Try doing a Ctrl, Alt Delete operation and look at the list of what is running. Sometimes you might have a problem figuring them out. It shouldn't be anything that is used by the system. You could try stopping the others one at a time till you find the guilty one.

They will all restore when you restart your computer. If you do find the guilty one then go to that program and change its settings. :type:

Hope this helps

cowboyron

Ga-Spur, I've pulled the plug on her a couple times, shut down start up it has not helped with the problem.
Now I think I have a virus sent some pics to my wifes cousin and her protection picked it up and sent it to jail. I was over there this mornning and she showed me.
Loouuii, Thanks for the advice I'll give it a try tonight. I got to go out and do hurricane preparedness THANKS :eek:ut:

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
If your computer is sick, the get a good virus program and give it to it.