Beretta Model 81

Todd E

.....in 32 Auto as a tote gun.

Okay, marginal, no good........?
Have 60 gr Silvertip HPs for it.

Planning on getting my GFL.
Would love to go and get a Glock, as I used to have one.
Can't see spending the money right now.

Just throwing out for thoughts.
Any ideas on a good holster ? I can't seem to find any on net to fit it.

VHinch

Any gun you'll actually carry is better than no gun, or the one you left at home.

That being said, .32 is below what I consider an acceptable caliber for SD. If you are going to carry a .32 I would recommend FMJ over JHP for the simple fact that in a round that anemic the JHP is going to underpenetrate.

If I remember correctly, the 81 and the 85 are the same size, you may try searching for a holster for a model 85 and have a little more luck.

Todd E

I understand that any weapon would be better than none. My thought was that, yes, if I get my GFL at least I currently have one to tote. Penetration.....that was my concern. With the ammo mentioned, I was out sighting in a rifle and took the pistol with me for some plinking afterwards. I shot about thirty rounds. I was shooting into a bank at an inert landfill some friends operate on one of their farms. When I went to retrieve my target, I noticed several of the expanded silvertips laying there on the ground where they had impacted and just fell to the ground...I guess. Loved the Glock 9mm, but like a dummy...I got rid of it years ago:banginghe

CBH

It would look a bit like this?

This is my son's Beretta #84 BB .380 a.c.p. These are great guns, a little big, but great none the less. .32 a.c.p. is not the most powerful round, but will do in a pinch. Lots more effective than a fly-swatter.

U.S. SAAMI spec .32 a.c.p. ammo is purposely weak, lots of those old 1903 Colt and 1907 Savage pistols still in daily use. Find some European made ammo, it is loaded with a good bit more pressure. Dynamite Nobel brand comes to mind, as I have a few boxes of it. European ammo shoots like +P compared to U.S. brands.

I like the .32 caliber, have a Beretta 70 and Walther PP, four S&W revolvers in .32 Long and .32 H&R mag. I may be prejudiced.

Don Hume makes holsters to fit the Beretta.
http://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=67_351_73

beretta84l.JPG

Todd E

Thanks for all the info !!!
I'll check that site for a holster.

Any other info greatly appreciated.

CBH

Since you asked, buy something made out of steel

"Any other info greatly appreciated"

1983613blownglock.jpg

Doyle

+1 on the FMJ ammo. .32 goes too slow for a JHP to really open up anyway. As a bonus, many auto's like to feed FMJ's better (less chance of hanging up on the feed ramp).