FedEx or UPS or USPS?

T-N-T

I don't consider DHL anything more than a courier company, as they are not national. They don't deliver to my house, so don't tell me they are.

If you had your preference, who would deliver all of your packages?

Me? Not FedEx. They are a day late to my house on the regular. IF they don't hand it off to USPS and it becomes 2 days late....

........sorry3Ringer. I know it ain't your fault.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I divide shipments between FedUp and UselesParcelService.

If it is outside 125 miles, Fedup will get it here 1 day quicker that UPS. I get my UPS packages earlier in the day because I pay an employee to drive 20 miles and pick up at the UPS distribution center.

If you really want to know what I think about them, they both suck and charge a premium not to deliver the service you pay them to do.

I really really wish someone like Truett Cathy would come along in the logistics world, and build a company that strives for the best customer experience in the world. The $$$ would be there for service, but UPS and FedUp is grinding out all the $$ they can, and to hades with customer service. They are killing the goose and one day, the golden eggs will all be gone.

T-N-T

I order a good deal of items online as I live in the country and stores are far. Well except Walmart....

I like getting things through USPS. They seem to be very prompt to my house

IvyThicket

USPS hands down. FedEx is the worst. UPS is slightly behind FedEx.

USPS always delivers my things in a timely manner.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
USPS, then UPS, and Fedex if there is no other alternative. UPS and Fedex both seem to give out bonuses based on the number of packages destroyed. :)

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Most of what I've received lately started out as UPS and ended up in the hands of USPS for final delivery.

I don't think it much matters who you use.

For accuracy of delivery address? FedEx has been the worst in my experience, especially around the holidays.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
If you really want to know what I think about them, they both suck and charge a premium not to deliver the service you pay them to do.

This. ^

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
None of the above. We still haven't received secret santa. :(

Fed-ex aint neva let me down. USPS is 2nd. :D

BeerThirty

Never had a single issue with FedEx, and we buy a lot online with our Amazon Prime account. UPS just lost a $350 OTF knife that I shipped to the manufacturer for a free cleaning and sharpen, will never use them again.

Hooty Hoot

Gone but not forgotten
Had a medical device failure at 9:30 one evening. The UPS driver pulled in to my driveway at 9:00 the next morning from California with the replacement. I'll say UPS with USPS second.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I'm sure everyone has horror stories with each of the major companies. I bet a lot of it depends on where we live.

Having lived way back in the sticks, I might have a different viewpoint than some others.

We lived in our last house for 11 years and GPS never found it during that time. FedEX didn't even know where to find me. We were on the end of the UPS driver's route, but he delivered on time. USPS is the only one that's ever lost things for me.

I'd have to rank FedEX as not an option for me.

WayneB

I stock my pantry building FedEx facilities, I have built both UPS and USPS.
I prefer anyone BUT USPS. In my locale, the premium overnight stuff shipped USPS is always late by 2-3 days.
FedEx and UPS I get when expected, and as they both deliver a lot to our home, the drivers will leave a note by the door and stash the package in a vehicle out of sight. I've even had 'em stash stuff in the boat under the cover... :)
The local postmaster is tired of hearing us complain, and think they may have actually blocked us.

Dub

Times have changed around my neck of the woods.

USPS service has really stepped up their game over the last two years. It's been very surprising. In addition there is the Amazon/USPS Sunday delivery that I'm still getting used to.

I've yet to have anything lost or damaged by them, either. I can't say the same about FedEx & UPS. I have received boxes from them that look like they were run through a trash compactor. In each case, though, the drivers were the ones that pointed it out and gave me claim forms and instructions on how to process them if there was actual damage.

WayneB

Didn't think to mention it earlier, but both UPS and FedEx haul USPS on their long distance routes, and USPS reciprocates with handling both carriers packages the 'last mile'.
Not clear on when this started, but it seems to be beneficial to all 3 carriers. I would assume there are subsidies to incentivize this, or some offset somewhere.

3ringer

I don't consider DHL anything more than a courier company, as they are not national. They don't deliver to my house, so don't tell me they are.

If you had your preference, who would deliver all of your packages?

Me? Not FedEx. They are a day late to my house on the regular. IF they don't hand it off to USPS and it becomes 2 days late....

........sorry3Ringer. I know it ain't your fault.

Lol that’s ok , we do our best to be 100 % but sometimes things happen. Most of the time it’s because the shipper places the wrong address or zip code on the package. Myself , I don’t work in the package Ground division. I work for the Freight side. We handle Freight that’s too large for the Ground boys. We mostly handle palletized Freight from large companies.

Mexican Squealer

I get shipments several times a week and they are often time sensitive. USPS has been horrible so I only use UPS. They foul me on occasion but not near as much as USPS did.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
All three have their advantages and disadvantages.

3ringer

A little bit of trivia. Has anyone ever noticed the “Arrow” in the FedEx logo. I think I had worked for them for two years and someone pointed it out to me.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I've got to send a broken rod back to TFO for replacement and their warranty web page strongly discourages the use of USPS due to so many lost/damaged rods. :bounce:

From the website

NOTE: WE STRONGLY DISCOURAGE THE USE OF USPS FOR WARRANTY RETURNS AS A HIGH PERCENTAGE OF THESE SHIPMENTS ARE LOST IN TRANSIT AND NEVER RECEIVED.