Summit Open Shot Climber

Payton Everett

I just bought one of these and I feel like I got a real good deal. Do any of yall have them and how do you like it?

C1E51EDE-580D-43FA-80D8-321D0781EC4B-1145-0000010C50A7879A.jpg

countryboy27012

Takes a little getting used to

You can say that again! First I used a climber w/o a front bar. Not bad once you get used to it though. They are great for bowhunting. And if you got a good deal, you done good!!

BowanaLee

I wont hunt with any other.

shadow2

I love mine for shorter hunts or where I do not have a loc on

cpowel10

I love mine.

I've found that grabbing the two angled bars on the back and putting my elbows the seat is the easiest way to climb. I can climb way faster in my openshot than in a standup/sit down climber

alligood729

I love mine.

I've found that grabbing the two angled bars on the back and putting my elbows the seat is the easiest way to climb. I can climb way faster in my openshot than in a standup/sit down climber

That^^ Plus, I ordered mine with the largest platform they had, like comes on the Goliath...makes a huge difference in the comfort of this stand. I love mine!

Apex Predator

Yep, gettting tougher to climb with for this 45 yo "fatty", but it's comfortable. I do have the deeper 28 3/4" platform though. That shorter one that comes with it ain't big enough for me.

Pneumothorax

I love mine.

A while back someone posted a picture of theirs with some padding wrapped around those angled bars. I immediately did the same thing to mine!

Jody Hawk

One of our fine members here gave me a Summit Cobra. Very light weight and I like the hanging seat with the secure feeling of having the rails on my sides.

Attachments

• CXL.gif
    CXL.gif
    21.7 KB · Views: 2,095

Wild Turkey

Ive got the top part only of one of those if anybody's interested cheap. Dont use it and took it on a trade.
No platform.

nhancedsvt

Banned
I've got a Bushmaster stand that I got on sale from Cabelas last year and it's made by Summit, real similar to the Open Shot. I very rarely use it. I hate climbing with it and find myself using my Viper more than anything.

PineThirty

Does Summit make a climber that can be used with or without the rail? Im looking at getting a new climber, and always liked Summit. The climber I use now can be used with or without the rail. Thats a feature I really like. I would like to find one with the same If possible.

rjcruiser

Love how light they are and no bar in the front for bow hunting.

I've had the open shot before, now have the cobra (didn't know what it was called..thanks Jody).

The seat is a bit more comfy on the cobra than the open shot, but both are top notch for bow hunting. I will say, having a harness on is essential.

OleRed15

Does anyone know of somebody thats looking to sell an Openshot?
Cause im looking to buy one and was hoping a could find one used for a reasonable price.

Thanks OR

Apex Predator

Ive got the top part only of one of those if anybody's interested cheap. Dont use it and took it on a trade.
No platform.

Someone needs to buy this one. I have the Goliath top and an Open shot top, and use both with my Viper bottom section. Two stands in one!