Trackrock Hammer-in

Anvil Head

Trackrock Hammer-in Fall 2015

Date: Weekend of Sept 25 & 26 Best News: Open to all & no
Location: Trackrock Campground, Blairsville, GA admission fees
Directions: WWW.TRACKROCK.COM >Can’t beat that!<
Activities: Bladesmithing, Hawk forging, Leather Crafting, Anything Knife Related

Who: Anyone interested in knives, knife making, hawks, leather work, collecting, trading, etc. Watch, meet and talk talented bladesmiths, master leather craftsmen, collectors, etc.
See old discarded steel, scrap metal, wood and bone transformed into functional works of art.

General: Craftsmen from several states, finished knives on display, collections on display, etc.
Family oriented event.

Behave! No unsafe or reckless behavior will be tolerated.

Additional: “Iron in the Hat” event Saturday to help fund event. Please bring usable item for this event. A chance to pick up valuable plunder - knifemaking materials, parts and pieces. Strictly voluntary, participation encouraged.

Donation Knife: None Selected at Present

Accommodations: Full hook-up & primitive camping available (check web site), Trackrock is an excellent campground and very well maintained. Several motels near: Blairsville and Young Harris.
Please contact me via pm if you wish to participate, or need any further information.

Ps – Catered BBQ plate 12 Noon on Sat. Prices set by caterer. First come first served.

Bill Mc

A very nice place in the N .Ga. mountains. I'd like to learn a little more about leather craft.

Anvil Head

Hey Bill
Come on up and check out some of RLo's (Rick Lowe) work. He'll be glad to share ideas and techniques with you. You might even get lucky enough to meet Dad (Sandy Morrissey) the Guru of Cow. He's retired from leatherworking but is a Master (and my mentor).

crackerdave

Sounds like a good time will be had!

I met you at the Madison county fairgrounds last fall.

Anvil Head

Cracker Dave
Must have been some other good looking dude with a hammer, the Madison gig always conflicts with some other event I get snookered into each time.
Come on up to TR and see for yourself, (I'm not the only pretty face hanging on the Post Office wall!).

Anvil Head

MTF - Bring it up to Trackrock if you're coming we'll have a look and talk it over. Otherwise drop me a pm here and we can swap contact #'s.
Lot depends on sawblade quality/condition and your expectations.

Bill Mc

:(Sorry, I didn't make it. Too much rain. Maybe next time.

I hope y'all didn't too wet.

Anvil Head

The event is held inside a large pole barn so rain really isn't an issue for us, however driving in the mountains while it's raining like it was Friday can be quite exciting. Sorry you couldn't make it Bill (didn't rain but just a little on Sat. Really nice crowd.)

Uncle Eddie

:(Sorry, I didn't make it. Too much rain. Maybe next time.

I hope y'all didn't too wet.

You missed a good one Bill Mc, I didn't get wet at all. I saw some good stuff too. The BBQ plate's were free with drink's, Some good food was had. I got to meet anvil head and see my new friend on here north ga sportsman. They was some really nice knife's there. I'm all tore up now, I want to start making them right away. I was hoping to see you again, Maybe next time.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Eddie, it was a pleasure to see you again. I'll keep you a warm spot by the fire anytime you're up this way.

Bill Mc

The event is held inside a large pole barn so rain really isn't an issue for us, however driving in the mountains while it's raining like it was Friday can be quite exciting. Sorry you couldn't make it Bill (didn't rain but just a little on Sat. Really nice crowd.)

From Friday night to Sunday we had 2 1/4 inches of rain. Plus my wife is fighting a cold. So we stayed warm and dry.