Lunchtime Stripers+Bonus Big Boy w/vid

Scout'nStripers

I got out this morning to hit a few brushpiles with the dropshot. It was nothing but dinks this morning on the worms so I decided to hit my striper dink hole on the way back in just to feel a good tug. I caught plenty of dinks that were suspended over timber and finally found an opening to drop the spoon down to 100 on a clean bottom. It worked out great and I was able to pull out a big boy from the depths. It was a hot slow morning with hardly any wind but the striper fishing turned out pretty good. If you want to bypass the dinkfest and get to the big striper, a good starting point is around the 5:20 mark.

Doing that this Sunday, hope to be on even some dinks haha. I'll be glad to just rip some lips it's been over 1+ month since the lines gotten wet. I now wish I would have ordered 2 more shatter glass parkers instead I got a mixed bag hehe. Thanks for the vids and good catches.

Scout'nStripers

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. That is all for today. I'm beat.

jocko755

Wow - unbelievable. Seems like every drop. And the big one was pulling drag. Awesome - keep the reports coming.

Man - I sure hope this bite continues into the cold weather months. It's really amazing to watch. Nice job as usual.

Lanier Jim

Good stuff Jim! LJ

Scout'nStripers

Wow - unbelievable. Seems like every drop. And the big one was pulling drag. Awesome - keep the reports coming.

Man - I sure hope this bite continues into the cold weather months. It's really amazing to watch. Nice job as usual.
Jocko, I did catch a few of them on consecutive drops but the seat keeps moving while the camera it sitting on the seat so I usually edit that out. I need a better camera set-up. Depending on the heat and water temps, the bite should last a while longer. Maybe into early Oct.??

Good stuff Jim! LJ
Preciate it LJ:cheers:

Lanier Jim

Hey Terry - catfish school like that too...just drop chicken livers to the bottom and reel up :)

jerseycat9

Hey Terry - catfish school like that too...just drop chicken livers to the bottom and reel up :)
Nah I prefer to drop shot my chivers lol. Just drop them down and givem a twitch or two and bang instant catfish :)

Scout'nStripers

What size rod and reel are you using? Looks like a pretty stout rig.
The reel is a Penn Fierce, probably around a 6000 model and the rod is a 7' Ugly Stik heavy action casting rod. I've got it loaded with 30lb Big Game mono and no need for a leader. I can pretty much have my way with these fish using that combo.

Last edited: