Habersham/White/Rabun Deer Thread

bowbuck

Thought it was that time of year to put up this thread to see what everyone was seeing in this part of the world. In the morning will be my first go at it this year. Feel free to post your hunt reports as in year's past.

bowbuck

Hunted in habersham this morning over some falling red oaks. Saw a smaller buck at around 9 that stayed and fed for over a half hour but never got close enough to get an arrow slung at him. He was still in full velvet. Yall seen any this weekend?

snakeguy7

had three does at 35 yards yesterday evening in habersham. they stood behind a giant holly and then left with no shot. I hunted towns county friday evening and sat morning for bear but only saw two deer. go away moon...

snakeguy7

shot a nice doe this evening in habersham at 8 yards. i tracked her blood trail for three hours until it fizzled out. i hate losing a deer, must of hit the shoulder.

bowbuck

Congrats to you guys killing deer. Going to try and kill one in the morning over some fallen white oaks with fresh rublines leading to them.

TommyA(GA)

I've seen deer on private land in White County just about every time I have been in the woods this year. Gut shot a 6 pointer and missed another so far. I know where they are and should have a good gun season if nothing else. They are coming from bedding areas and heading to the hardwoods to eat acorns every morning between 8 and 9 like clockwork. Good luck to all!!!

The younger bucks are still together, but I have just started seeing a few paw marks in our regular buck travel routes..hopefully this cool snap will get the big boys up and moving in daylight hours..

bowbuck

Been seeing a few deer eating white oak acorns. The good 8 I was hunting got killed sunday after i caught the neighbor next to my treestand before daylight. He didnt go very far away from me and shot the buck. Im letting the fellows in green handle that. That buck had layed down some decent rubs the past few weeks.

snakeguy7

had a nice bear at about 40 yards yesterday afternoon but it never presented a shot. I have been trying to stick one all season and this was the first one that I have been able to get within range of all year. Maybe next time.

tree cutter 08

finally killed a doe yesterday. my season has been awful as far as seeing deer, good because i have been able to go some. not sure how this season is going to turn out. acorns have been driving me crazy. around the house their dropping pretty good. up north of clarkesvill towards batesville the white oaks are almost non exsitent this year. so far what i have found is the the reds have been decent but alot of rotten ones mixed in. what white oaks have been falling the game is eating them so fast that theirs none on the ground. the white oaks that were cutting have maybe a hat full of acorns on the whole tree. i think deer will be feeding heavily in fields when the rut gets here in the northern part of habersham. hope yall wear the bears out this year. i have found bear sign everywhere i have went. seen 4 crossing roads in the last couple of months.

ALPHAMAX

hunted rabun co. saturday morning-saw nothing and no sign except tracks. hunted saturday evening stephens co. watched 8 doe eat acorns from 5:15 to 7:30

Hadn't seen the first deer in Rabun during shooting hours. Did get this one decent buck on trail cam, and a few does, but I want to let him grow another year (hopefully someone else doesn't pop him). Its tough to be a deer hunter in the mountains.

front.jpg

side_view.jpg

bowbuck

I hunted friday and saturday and ended up seeing 5 bears, 3 hogs, and 4 does on national forest in habersham. No shot opportunitys but I enjoyed the time spent in the hills. Anyone have any luck opening morning?