Bigfoot encounters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg_n_clayton

Some years ago there was a crazy lady down here on Lake Rabun that hired a buddy of mine, who is in the gradein' business, to come down there and build her a landin' pad fer flyin' saucers. She came out there, jumped up on his dozer tracks and ask him....you don't really believe in all this do ya ?? In a serious tone. He says...No mam !! She jumped back, point her fanger at him and yelled... DISBELIEVER !!! And stomped off !!

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Some years ago there was a crazy lady down here on Lake Rabun that hired a buddy of mine, who is in the gradein' business, to come down there and build her a landin' pad fer flyin' saucers. She came out there, jumped up on his dozer tracks and ask him....you don't really believe in all this do ya ?? In a serious tone. He says...No mam !! She jumped back, point her fanger at him and yelled... DISBELIEVER !!! And stomped off !!

this is why we drive to the beach :pop:

slightly grayling

I would've bought a ticket to see that!

Backlasher82

:clap::rofl::rofl:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I see you got suckered in to being the Bigfeets Moderator...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nope, just black panthers, dog shootin's, and cats for sell so far. Gotta work my way up the ladder before I can do bigfeets. :bounce:

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Nope, just black panthers, dog shootin's, and cats for sell so far. Gotta work my way up the ladder before I can do bigfeets. :bounce:
worship.gif
You da mighty HillbillyMod, You Can Do It!!!!!!!:cool::D

Bigfoothunter

Don't assume that a differing opinion means "uninformed." I actually have done quite a bit of research on the whole bigfoot phenomenon over yhe years, and found it really interesting. But so far, I have seen nothing at all to convince me.

Some of us have researched most of the same material you have, but just arrived at a different conclusion. That does not make someone "uninformed," it just means that they don't share your opinion about the validity of the existence of a ten-foot tall bipedal creature that lives all over the country but has never been documented. And we don't necessarily lack imagination, some of us just prefer to seperate imagination from reality. Most of what you refer to as "evidence" could be referred to by others as "speculation" or "hypothetical theories," or "making the evidence fit your pre-formed conclusion instead of basing your conclusion on the evidence."

The bigfeeters get bent out of shape when people ridicule their claims. Then get somebody credible to represent you instead of those idiots that are on tv every night looking for saquatches in the briar patch behind a strip mall in the suburbs of Atlanta and see every buck rub, ice-storm-bent pine tree, roadkill deer skeleton, tuft of cow hair in a barb-wire fence, or pile of bear crap as irrefutable evidence of a "squatch." Also, when people make themselves believe that every plain example of a hoot owl hollering, rooster crowing, or coyote howling is a "bigfoot vocalization" and then show it on tv, it doesn't help your cause.

I couldn't say that bigfoot doesn't exist, I don't know. But I can say with reasonable certainty that if it does, it ain't living in southeastern suburbia. Come on. My family has been in NC since the 1700s. Other families have been here as long or longer, and know every tree, plant, animal, bird, and insect living in their area. They have collectively spent millions of hours in the woods hunting, trapping, working, walking, and observing nature and have never seen a bigfoot or anything like one. But some guy can come down from NYC, stick a candy bar on a stump in a public campground, and get a photo of one in two days? Sure. I believe him much more than the people who have spent their whole lives living in those same woods. (sarcasm.)

If there is a bigfoot, he is somewhere back in the real wilderness, not here in what the tv show kids consider to be "wilderness." You're not gonna find him by going out in a cow pasture at night fifty yards from the road and playing monkey noises on a tape player and creeping each other out. And quit believing everything everybody tells you. Some people make these stories up, some just honestly don't know what they saw and attribute it to a bigfoot or black panther instead of trying to figure out what it actually was. I have a neighbor who has seen several black panthers, one with a white cub. He has never seen a bobcat, mink, or many other common animals. He misinterprets what he sees because he wants to see a black panther. At the same time he saw the black panther with a white cub, I saw a labrador retriever and another small white mutt dog together several times in the vicinity.I wonder what it was? (more sarcasm.)People usually see bigfoot because they want to see bigfoot. A trip through the threads in the trail camera forum here will show you how many people cannot identify most common animals that live around here, much less ones that don't exist.

If someone has an opinion opposite of yours, and they are willfully ignorant, refusing to educate themselves on the subject that they have all of these thoughts on, then yes their opinion is uninformed.

Bigfoothunter

The point is, if you do not know what you are talking about, and simply hold an opinion just because, and refuse to know what you are saying, then your opinion is uninformed and invalid. If I have not read a book, but decided that I do not like the book, and argue with people who have read the book, is my opinion informed?

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher
The point is, if you do not know what you are talking about, and simply hold an opinion just because, and refuse to know what you are saying, then your opinion is uninformed and invalid. If I have not read a book, but decided that I do not like the book, and argue with people who have read the book, is my opinion informed?

You're going to have to help us out some here... exactly what piece of evidence, or body of evidence for that matter, is undisputable proof that we got us some bigfeets running around? You gotta admit that the evidence against such a creature far outweighs anything otherwise. The tracks that Meldrum is so adament about are nothing but a collection of his own hypothesis' based on pieces that, for the most part, were obtained under unscientific methodology and often under suspicious circumstances. The whole Ketchum fiasco almost appeared legit at the very beginning but has turned into a three ring circus since.

Here in lies a major problem, when two of bigfoots currently most credible, and visible believers find themselves in a crisis. Both have went out on a limb and staked their reputations and careers on this controversial matter, and now, in my opinion anyways, realize they are past the point of admitting a mistake or at least owning up to being overly enthusiastic to begin with. At this point they appear to be desperate in their pursuit of further evidence supporting bigfoot... Ketchum is stalling and leaking out tantalizing hints to the public and everytime I see Meldrum on the tv he is 'just a little further out there' in his theories and evaluations of bigfoot evidence.

What are we missing? What makes you so firm in your conviction? Just based on the couple of reports from your website, I assume you have found no evidence yourself... are the anecdotal stories and reports, and the psuedo-science that is rampant in bigfooting, is this enough to convince you?

Bigfoothunter

The Ketchum study is what you said it was, exactly that. Dr. Meldrum's work on the track way evidence is a different story. I a not convinced that the creature exists, I find the evidence that points to the possibility of it compelling, as well as the work done by Jimmy Chilcutt who is a latent finger print expert and one of the few who is also an expert in primate dermatoglyphics on the same casts Dr. Meldrum examined. So his work was independently verified, its not pseudo science.

Bigfoothunter

I do not subscribe to the self proclaimed amateur experts in the field. I follow the work of people like Dr. Bindernagel, Dr. Meldrum and Dr. Ian Redmond OBE, as well as latent finger print expert Jimmy Chilcutt. Their work is unique in the field because it is scientific, and their results can be confirmed by others who are qualified. I have not collected any evidence myself, but I have collected first hand encounter reports from witnesses, and again I find it compelling. Dr. Meldrum and Dr. Bindernagel are both published in scientific journals, and have also written books, their perspectives are based on evidence, and it is interesting.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The funny part is, I really wish I could believe that bigfeets existed out there somewhere. I just haven't found anything so far to make me think they do. Just the opposite, in fact.

Bigfoothunter

By the way, you will never see me type, or use the words, Bigfooter, Bigfooting, Squatch, Squatchy or any other derivative of Bigfoot or Sasquatch. Frankly I think those terms are stupid and make an already controversial subject seem more ridiculous than people already think it is.

I know some of you use those terms in jest, and are not serious when you do. I am talking about people who claim to be experts and have television shows. I believe those people do just as much damage as hoaxers to the validity of the subject.

Bigfoothunter

The funny part is, I really wish I could believe that bigfeets existed out there somewhere. I just haven't found anything so far to make me think they do. Just the opposite, in fact.

I respect the opinion of someone who has put their time into the outdoors, and never had a reason to think these creatures may exist. I weigh that just as heavily if not more so than people that say they have had an encounter.

Doe Master

Banned
I do not subscribe to the self proclaimed amateur experts in the field. I follow the work of people like Dr. Bindernagel, Dr. Meldrum and Dr. Ian Redmond OBE, as well as latent finger print expert Jimmy Chilcutt. Their work is unique in the field because it is scientific, and their results can be confirmed by others who are qualified. I have not collected any evidence myself, but I have collected first hand encounter reports from witnesses, and again I find it compelling. Dr. Meldrum and Dr. Bindernagel are both published in scientific journals, and have also written books, their perspectives are based on evidence, and it is interesting.

OK I'm trying to understand this now. Please tell me how one can have evidence and work that can be confirmed from or of something that there is ZERO proof that even exist? Take a look at the BIG HUGE picture here for a minute.

You keep saying these Dr's and scientist have been qualified. Qualified in what and by who when it comes to bigfoot? I have no doubt they might be great in there givin fields at what they do. When your talking bigfoot though there is no REAL proof that one even exist to become an expert about.

Not wanting to argue as you say before just wanting real life answers to these questions.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly

I am sorry, care to elaborate? What PROOF do you have that they Do NOT Exist, Nor that it is Possible for them to exist?

The fact that there is Not a slab on a table top, isn't proof of anything.............OCM wants that Indisputable evidence, i.e. slab on table

How many casts, prints, photos, sighting reports have to be true for Bigfoot to exist?

I know, I know, even though there are hundreds and hundreds of these items out there, it Is Possible for them to ALL be fake..............but I doubt it:cheers:

Anywho, it only takes 1 of the above described items to be true, and the Bigfella is Real:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.