Shooting tube peep without the tube

Twiggbuster

My peep hasn't rotated perfect for sometime but I've managed. Today the old tubing broke and I had none on hand so pulled back without it.
Lo and behold it lines up perfect now,full view!
Now thinking of clipping off the tube post on the sight.
Anybody ever tried this?

Kris87

Never done it, but as long as it functions, then no need for the tube. With today's high quality string materials, they're really not needed if you can get everything the way its supposed to be.

Twiggbuster

Thanks Kris, it appears to work for now.
Just curious if anyone had encountered problems.
I will continue to test and the first time it doesn't line up I will re-think. Good so far.
It was a custom string from Chucks in WR. Mine was not in stock so he Keith convinced me to splurge. Few hundred shots. Never looked back!

bronco611

If you have any problems remove it and replace it with the hunter style peep that does not use a tube. the tube is just a source of noise and failure to cost you a shot and believe me it will fail at the least opportune moment. simple is always better in my opinion. I am aware that the tube type have a smaller hole making it seem more accurate, maybe at indoor tournaments but in low light hunting situations a larger hole is better, you will adjust to it after a few practice sessions and never have that problem again.