Why does some of our law enforcement do this?

j_seph

I am not bashing all LEO's just some of the dumb ones! I see this on a regular basis, and can't find any email for the GSP to send this too. Hopefully another LEO can point this in the right direction. I had a friend with me to take this the other morning on the interstate at 70mph:hair:. This is just an accident waiting to happen when the little old lady at the front of the pack hits her brakes or when a deer runs out.
1274755090.jpg

O

Otis

I may be old school, but I was taught the rule of thumb to driving is at least one car length for every 10 mph. At 70 mph that is way to close for all of them.

slip

Retired Moderator
the LEOs do that around here too, at night they'll ride your tail and lighty go from left to right in the lane. i think they are trying to get the person infront of them to mess up.:huh:

RUTTNBUCK

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am not bashing all LEO's just some of the dumb ones! I see this on a regular basis, and can't find any email for the GSP to send this too. Hopefully another LEO can point this in the right direction. I had a friend with me to take this the other morning on the interstate at 70mph:hair:. This is just an accident waiting to happen when the little old lady at the front of the pack hits her brakes or when a deer runs out.
1274755090.jpg
Traffic looks pretty light for the ATL area:huh:........Maybe he was running the license plate of the car in front of him:huh:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Hes not tailgating, hes drafting! There is a differance LOL

MudDucker

Staff member
I had one "draft" me a couple of years ago just south of Forsyth. I saw his blinker come on for the exit, so I got off too and flagged him down.

Asked if I needed to wash my tag so he could see it better. He looked at me like I was crazy. Then I told him that if had been any closer to my rear end, I would have invited him to listen to my radio and that I didn't appreciate it.

You could tell he didn't like getting his own medicine, but to his credit he apologized and drove off.

SarahFair

I would be pretty irritated if I was a cop..
Everyone drives about 5 under the speed limit when youre around. They ride peoples bumpers out here and when they finally get around they take off flying

Redbow

They do the same thing around here, ride your rear bumper like , get outta my way ! Then they suddenly dash around you like they are in a road race or something ! I like what MudDucker said, at least he confronted the LEO for bad driving behavior ! Law enforcement always instructs people not to tailgate,,,guess it doesn't apply to them !

They do the same thing around here, ride your rear bumper like , get outta my way ! Then they suddenly dash around you like they are in a road race or something ! I like what MudDucker said, at least he confronted the LEO for bad driving behavior ! Law enforcement always instructs people not to tailgate,,,guess it doesn't apply to them !

They have the brush guards on their cars, I think it's legal to tailgate if you have a big bumper.
If you are in the left lane and traffic comes up behind you, there are two options-get over or get on down the road.
(Slower traffic keep right), not i am driving the posted speed limit in the left lane.
If someone catches up with you in the left lane you should have gotten over before they caught up with you and thought that they would have to push you down the road.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
They have the brush guards on their cars, I think it's legal to tailgate if you have a big bumper.
If you are in the left lane and traffic comes up behind you, there are two options-get over or get on down the road.
(Slower traffic keep right), not i am driving the posted speed limit in the left lane.
If someone catches up with you in the left lane you should have gotten over before they caught up with you and thought that they would have to push you down the road.

its always a someone on there cell phone doing 50 in the fast lane during rush hr with a trail of cars on her bumber and she is oblivious to the world. :banginghe

SarahFair

So people with bigger bumpers are allowed to bully people with smaller ones? :huh: