Its official, I cant hear a rattlesnake

The mtn man

I have hearing loss and have had for awhile one war I can only hear loud noises and it's very distorted. Tried hearing aids and like mentioned it was very unnatural and not like normal sounds uncomfortable ad in the constant ringing of the ear it's very hard to hear anything I have to rely on my eyes reading lips etc. with technology I usually text all the time my woman knows me like a book and what I eat and like she always does the ordering and things

I feel your pain , the ringing sometimes makes me want to go crazy.

The mtn man

Last edited:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
You know, a lot of you that are having hearing problems may simply be due to extreme wax build-up. Especially if you're using Q-tips, as these can pack the wax deeper into your ear canal. A good friend of mine was complaining recently about not being able to hear as well and that for the past several months it seemed to be getting worse for him. He also mentioned about how he had been getting a little dizzy at times lately. To make a long story short, he got some Debrox and used it a few times over the next few days and it cleared up his hearing. He said his hearing now seems normal and that the pressure is now gone from his ears. Not saying this will work for y'all, but hey, would be worth a try, right?

Heck, I got me some and cleaned my ears, too! I can now hear the ants running across my yard. :bounce:

Here's a little more info found at WebMD.

Mario7979

Hearing Loss

I spent 18 years and 8 months in the military and got out in 1992.... At the time I thought my hearing was good until 5 years ago I went deer hunting in the rain and cold and got sick for about 45 days missing deer hunting that long during season then my hearing loss got worse and have loss hearing clarity of sound....Got approval thru the VA to get hearing aids and the Doctor said they were around $3000.00 apiece....Have to use 2....All the loud generator and large trucks sound and getting sick did my hearing in....I go get them in Carrolton VA 25 Sept 14 and the doctor says i will have to get use to them....The VA is also suppling the aids to my cell phone and my TV....She said if I wear them everyday I will get use to them....The only problem in all of this When I go hunting or shooting a gun I have to not use them....They do not have sound suppressor....

The mtn man

You know, a lot of you that are having hearing problems may simply be due to extreme wax build-up. Especially if you're using Q-tips, as these can pack the wax deeper into your ear canal. A good friend of mine was complaining recently about not being able to hear as well and that for the past several months it seemed to be getting worse for him. He also mentioned about how he had been getting a little dizzy at times lately. To make a long story short, he got some Debrox and used it a few times over the next few days and it cleared up his hearing. He said his hearing now seems normal and that the pressure is now gone from his ears. Not saying this will work for y'all, but hey, would be worth a try, right?

Heck, I got me some and cleaned my ears, too! I can now hear the ants running across my yard. :bounce:

Here's a little more info found at WebMD.
Yep that could be true in some cases, my problem is not that I can't hear, it's just that the ringing drowns out sounds, it was due to .50cal at ft Jackson. If any of you can say that total silence is really loud then you know what I mean.