New Covenant with house of Israel?

Artfuldodger

In Romans 11:1 the apostle Paul asks the question, "Hath God cast away His people? God forbid." He then gives some unanswerable proofs to show that God has not cast away His people. In fact, the Holy Spirit through Paul tells us that salvation has come to the Gentiles to provoke Israel to jealousy (Romans 11:11). Then in verses 25-27 we read, "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: for this is My covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins."

Artfuldodger

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which My covenant they brake, although I was an Husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put My law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be My people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jeremiah 31:31-34).

Is or was this the same as the New Covenant that replaced the Old Covenant that came in when Christ died on the Cross?

He did this by ending the system of law with its commandments and regulations. He made peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new people from the two groups.

Artfuldodger

I'm wondering where this covenant is "in time."

"The days are coming," declares the LORD,
"Indeed, a time is coming,"

"I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

"for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,"

"for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

A couple of thoughts;

I thought God has always forgiven sin.

Does everyone in the whole world know God and has he forgiven their sins?

"for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them,"

I'm not sure who "them" is.

This sounds like some future universal salvation for a certain group of "them."
It reads "they shall all know me and I will remove their sin."