Abraham's salvation?

Israel

BANNED
There is no burden in sleep.
Time passes unnoticed without its demands to make choices, or even seek beneficial or fear detrimental consequences to each.

Being awake and alive to God is the fulfillment of all promise of rest.

"and their deeds follow with them..."

hobbs27

How did Abraham eat the flesh of Jesus and drink his blood having died before Jesus shed the blood for him to consume?
My guess is by the promise. Abraham promised to drink it when it became available.

The blood of the New Covenant.

gordon 2

How did Abraham eat the flesh of Jesus and drink his blood having died before Jesus shed the blood for him to consume?
My guess is by the promise. Abraham promised to drink it when it became available.

Good question. I wonder if it was the case when he broke bread with the king of salem melchizedek? You know the king Abraham gave tithes to?

I really don't know. Abraham's passover... hum? Most likely the food and drink that is the body of the Lord must be consumed in faith for it to be real and what I get with Abraham and the king breaking bread was that both lived, understood and were motivated by faith, each recognizing in the other God with them.

The breaking of bread is akin to the breaking of the Lord's body on the cross and was similar in motivation Abraham's breaking from his isolation to save Lot. It is perhaps our greatest witness of God through a man of faith. Perhaps.

Ezekiel 34:2 (ASV) Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, even to the shepherds, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Woe unto the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the sheep?

Prov 18:1 A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire;
He rages against all wise judgment.

Prov 18:24 A man who has friends must himself be friendly,
But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Psalm 81-10 I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.

Last edited: