Possible State Record Little Tunny and Mackrel for days

Jimmy Lee Armel

What is the weight of the LT, I actually have the current record caught this past May?

I'm sure you'll retain it. It wighed 25 but i didn't get the length and girth. Was in a hurry for getting ready for the second trip of the day and honestly had no clue what I needed besides pictures and a certified scale. The other folks weren't concerned with the paper work, but this kid was pumped up so I told him I'd turn it in and of course I screwed it up. It's nice being able to see land and catch some trophy fish. Congrats sir/maam

jasper181

That's awesome, great fish for a young guy. I didn't even think about weighing mine, the guys I fish with was weighing our tournament fish and threw it on the scale just to see. One of good friends was there and works for the Dnr, he said this things a record we need to get it recorded!

I'm sure you'll retain it. It wighed 25 but i didn't get the length and girth. Was in a hurry for getting ready for the second trip of the day and honestly had no clue what I needed besides pictures and a certified scale. The other folks weren't concerned with the paper work, but this kid was pumped up so I told him I'd turn it in and of course I screwed it up. It's nice being able to see land and catch some trophy fish. Congrats sir/maam

Jimmy Lee Armel

That's awesome, great fish for a young guy. I didn't even think about weighing mine, the guys I fish with was weighing our tournament fish and threw it on the scale just to see. One of good friends was there and works for the Dnr, he said this things a record we need to get it recorded!

Cool story. I only mess with it if it's a kid, had to do it 3 times that week. I think it should be for kids. Too much ego in the fishing around here. I even heard one guy weighed a little tunny from the stream then put it on wtoc hahahaha. Kid was upset when he didn't get it. He will receive a plaque and certificate though. All three did very well. 20lb test and 7 lbs of drag starting off. They had a ball. Their faces said it all and I love when kids catch fish

jasper181

The fish on WTOC may have been mine, my fishing buddys sent it to them just to mess with me because I didnt even want to record it. We were fishing in a bluewater tournament when I caught the fish. They thought it would be hilarious to have my picture with a dang trash fish. I tol;d them having the record form that fish is like being the fastest guy in the special olympicsfacepalm:

Cool story. I only mess with it if it's a kid, had to do it 3 times that week. I think it should be for kids. Too much ego in the fishing around here. I even heard one guy weighed a little tunny from the stream then put it on wtoc hahahaha. Kid was upset when he didn't get it. He will receive a plaque and certificate though. All three did very well. 20lb test and 7 lbs of drag starting off. They had a ball. Their faces said it all and I love when kids catch fish

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
The fish on WTOC may have been mine, my fishing buddys sent it to them just to mess with me because I didnt even want to record it. We were fishing in a bluewater tournament when I caught the fish. They thought it would be hilarious to have my picture with a dang trash fish. I tol;d them having the record form that fish is like being the fastest guy in the special olympicsfacepalm:

I don't find it funny at all about the special Olympics comment. For those kids, participating at all is a win. I have a child with special needs, and if I were to catch you in public making a comment like that, you'd regret it rather quickly. You seem to be a real class act. Walk a mile in their shoes. Special needs kids have enough challenges in life without low life's like you looking down on them. I hope others detest this crap as much as I do.

Jimmy Lee Armel

I don't find it funny at all about the special Olympics comment. For those kids, participating at all is a win. I have a child with special needs, and if I were to catch you in public making a comment like that, you'd regret it rather quickly. You seem to be a real class act. Walk a mile in their shoes. Special needs kids have enough challenges in life without low life's like you looking down on them. I hope others detest this crap as much as I do.

My nephew is non verbal autistic. Don't take it personally mizzipi. He's downing special needs people. Take it for what it's worth.

On a lighter note we do dolphin tours for kids with special needs for free. Ussually autistic, downs etc. Instead of putting them on a big boat with lots of people we take them out and let them enjoy the water for about an hour or so. PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Sounds good JL. Well look you up next time we're down that way. Would love to go fish with ya too.

jasper181

Nobody is downing anyone, it was a joke. You want to threaten people over a joke, thats what is really sad.

ssramage

Nobody is downing anyone, it was a joke. You want to threaten people over a joke, thats what is really sad.

No, what is really sad is a grown man joking about special needs children.

For future reference, the correct way to handle this situation would be to say something like:

"JB, you're totally right. I made a joke in poor taste and I apologize."

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
No, what is really sad is a grown man joking about special needs children.

For future reference, the correct way to handle this situation would be to say something like:

"JB, you're totally right. I made a joke in poor taste and I apologize."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is good, sound advice no matter how it was intended.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
No one is threatening pal, take that to the bank. Would it be funny or a joke to wish upon you or your family that someone be stricken with cancer? Would it be Just joking around to say it's funny that your grandma is in a nursing home bed ridden and needs someone to bathe her every day? No, that's not a joke. It's a low life way to live life. Plain and simple. Trash. Folks.....please teach your kids better than this.

jtaylor

What's sad is your attitude. The joke sucked and your inability to walk it back is a true look at your character. I was involved with special olympics with my brother when he was alive. The effort it takes many of the kids to get there let alone participate is a struggle I pray you never know.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Something that strikes me as a little funny is the "record tunny" that you didn't care anything about. But you went through the trouble of a lot of pics, printed a form, filled out a form, measured and weighed fish on a certified scale then called wtoc for a trash fish. And then wanted to one up a kid who caught one by telling the forum that you had the record and wanted know how big the kid's was in hopes that he wouldn't break your record. Seems like a big tunny is a big deal to you after all, even at the expense of showing up a kid

BBaker

Something that strikes me as a little funny is the "record tunny" that you didn't care anything about. But you went through the trouble of a lot of pics, printed a form, filled out a form, measured and weighed fish on a certified scale then called wtoc for a trash fish. And then wanted to one up a kid who caught one by telling the forum that you had the record and wanted know how big the kid's was in hopes that he wouldn't break your record. Seems like a big tunny is a big deal to you after all, even at the expense of showing up a kid

True.