Small grilling makes for good chilling.....

Dub

This little Weber JumboJoe is proving to be a handy little grill. It may make for a great addition for folks tailgating.

Heap of potential for different styles of cooking. I'e done burgers, dogs, steaks, wings, runners and big beautiful breasts on them. Added salmon to the list yessaday.

The legs on the table remove and store beneath the table, clicking into place in both positions. The base of the grill locks into the table for stability.

Little grill has hibachi convenience with much bigger range of performance.

Lit a handful of KBB briquets and put a couple pieces of cherry on top....added a few wood pellets for good measure and let it get hot. I used the 1/2 moon shaped Weber charcoal basket that fits beneath the grate. It literally uses just 6-10 briquets. Little grill is a miser.

Made a quick and easy balsamic sauce that my tribe freaks out over....it's insanely easy and is mighty tasty as a pizza sauce, wing baste, grilled vegetable dipping sauce and etc.
*3/4 cup balsamic vinegar in a saucepan coming to light boil
*3 tbsp white sugar stirred in
*2+ tsp fresh ground black pepper
*2 tsp merlot
*Italian seasoning to taste
*stir constantly on low boil/simmer until it's reduced in volume by 1/2. Brush it on whatever you like.

I used a cedar plank for this cook....simply because I still have a few. A pan would work just fine.

Brushed on some balsamic sauce on the plank and added a small amount of smoked salt to the surface....laid the salmon fillet over the sauced plank....skin side down.

Brushed on some more balsamic sauce over the top side of the fillet and added a big ole glob of herb butter.

Plank went on the grill offset from the coals when I got the phone call that wife's eta was 10 mins from the hacienda.

Served with a kale salad.

It wasn't turrable.....

Last edited:

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Your cooks and plated vittles always look amazing Dub! I look forward to seeing what good vittles you prepare for your family.

Dub

Mighty fine job, we have one we keep in our camper. I had forgot how good a steak tastes over briquettes.

Thank you.

Last steak I did on the other Weber turned out great with the use of the Vortex insert....essentially contains the coals and funnels the heat upward like a volcano. Great for searing but intended to make a perfect radiant heat source for wings. Small amounts of briquettes power it nicely.

I'd almost forgotten how much fun these Weber grills were.

naildrvr

Looking great as always. I would say that is a nice little cooker. I like the set up with the table. Sounds like a handy deal to have for a small cook.

Dub

Your cooks and plated vittles always look amazing Dub! I look forward to seeing what good vittles you prepare for your family.

Thank you very much. Your posts are loaded down with great eats, too.

I really enjoy cooking for my small tribe and seeing them enjoy the results.

It's hugely gratifying and it's been a direct result of hanging out here at Woody's / Paymaster's over the years.

I've learned a lot here and always get great ideas from the posts that I see here.

We have a great group here and really do share some fun stuff. :cheers:

Dub

Looking great as always. I would say that is a nice little cooker. I like the set up with the table. Sounds like a handy deal to have for a small cook.

Thank you.

I'm going to try a pork shoulder butt on it sometime and see if I can't get some decent pulled pork from the little grill. That'll really prove the versatility of the little grill. :bounce:

Duff

Amazing as always dub. Cool little cooker also!

Dub

Amazing as always dub. Cool little cooker also!

Thanks......home a little while ago....went to see Stephen King's "IT" with my son.

Scary clown.

Now watching the clown that took over for Coach Ruff taking my Pirates to an early lead against VaTech.

I'm under no illusions......

Wings & things will likely be on the grill soon...unless we can hang in there and keep it interesting. :cool:

B

BornNRaised

Those webers are handy...used one on my houseboat for years till it gave the goose.

Looks good!!!

KEEPer'SMOKIN!

ambush80

I arrowed a 10lb piglet in Redlands a long time ago and he curled up just right in the Smokey Joe.

T-N-T

This a dadgum tutorial! Awesome!

Dub

Used the small Vortex with a couple handfuls of KBB.

Funny thing is that I used it in a 24" kamado. Everyone said I'd be underpowered.

The inferno center makes for a great spot to roll stuff around and crisp it up.....

Sting beans made with Don's Seasoning Delight, garlic, smoked salt & butter.

Weird meal, I know.....but had some random stuff that cooked together really well.

Using a light slather of mayo.....then dosing with Greek Rub and finishing on the grill with Plowboy's makes for the best wings I've ever made......according to the tribe. No heat, though....just good flavor.

Head East

Wow. Looks like dinner here tomorrow!

Dub

So....8 hot dogs and three packs of wings and a pot of string beans were made.

I test drove two wings while standing beside the grill. I love the flavor, but still would prefer a bit of heat on them, but am yielding to the wife's edict that I tone it down.

I came in and dropped the food off on the counter and let them know it was ready. Each of our dogs got a hotdog....and I tested out another pair of wings and went back to watching football.

Family joined me after a while.....son was last to leave the kitchen.

Wife went in later and came and told me I needed to see the table....little guy had destroyed the wings.....boneyard was how it appeared. He never sauced anything. One lone hotdog left.....and that became another treat for the dogs.

Looks like I'm going to have to make a few just for myself with some heat...that way there may be enough left. :rofl: