Who else is waiting?

ucfireman

I used to bow hunt early. As I've gotten older/lazy I wait for cooler temps. I don't like to sweat in the woods, the ticks and skeeters are horrible and I just don't have fun. So I wait. It was nice for the opener I didn't go though. To everyone- hunt when you want. Deer do move in the heat, cold, rain, daytime, nighttime so just do what you want.

livetohunt

I can't get motivated to get out there yet. Waiting on October 1st and the Illinois opener...For me, its hard to hunt in this heat when I can wait and go after the Illinois booners in a couple of weeks.

BOWROD

temps

I used to bow hunt early. As I've gotten older/lazy I wait for cooler temps. I don't like to sweat in the woods, the ticks and skeeters are horrible and I just don't have fun. So I wait. It was nice for the opener I didn't go though. To everyone- hunt when you want. Deer do move in the heat, cold, rain, daytime, nighttime so just do what you want.
,,,I agree 100%,,,to each his own ,,I'm waiting on mid October myself .

XJfire75

I’ve still been twice regardless of temps or weather mostly because I was tied up with the hurricane and I have a 2yr old at home so I go when I can.

Luckily when it’s real hot like this week here’s plenty of trout and Redfish that are hungry right down the road. I’ll be fishing this weekend hoping for at least 60 for the low next weekend or so. Or any change in this 90/70 forecast.

jlt4800

If I had more opportunities to hunt I might wait but I don't so I go every chance I can...I have a buddy who says the same thing though. He's waiting till November.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
re:

I like cooler temps and look more forward to it but I mostly hunt whenever I can regardless of the weather. Opening morning was great and saw a nice one in velvet that I didn't have a shot at, but at least I know the future is bright in that spot. Other days I went but it was just too hot.

This week there is no hunting as I'll be b'etween the hedges' with 2 of my sons!

Kris87

I didn't hunt yesterday afternoon, but sent BlackEagle out to one of my spots and he said it was the most deer he'd ever seen in one sit at that farm. And that's saying a lot. Maybe 15-20 deer. It was only 86 yesterday though. :D

transfixer

I'm wanting to go this weekend, still trying to decide, its a 2 and half hour ride for me, so I'll stay over night if I go, really wish it was about 10 degrees cooler, wind doesn't blow through planted pines , so even a good breeze is out of the question.

2bbshot

Shot my P&Y last year it was 93, and this year's toad last Saturday it was 86. Deer just don't move when it's hot. :D

I know a very good bow hunter and it's rare he's not tagged out on good bucks in September. He hunts water in areas that are typically pretty dry.

Permitchaser

I have a grandson I am taking tomorrow and I know he wants to hunt the afternoon and next morning. It 86 now so I'll try and talk him into the morning hunt
We may just try Coyote's in the evening

Big Foot

Still waiting. Have not hung a single stand and or camera. Seeing deer running all over. No rush to pressure em.

Saw a big buck this afternoon crossing road at Hall County land.

Going fishing in the am