Almost had to kill someone.

DAVE

Be glad you did not shoot. 2015 Atlanta cop responds to strange acting naked man at some apartments. When Officier found large naked black man hiding in bushes who then charged officer, the officer shot and killed Anthony Hill a mentally ill man. The officer was later indicted on 6 counts including murder.

sinclair1

10-fo.
A lot older, and a lot wiser now. Not as apt to fly off the handle. Got my concealed weapons permit and don't want to lose it.
But things were a little bit different in the countryside back in the 80s. Had the sheriff's on scene on occasion and they never said a word to me even though the perps were complaining that, "He was shooting that gun!"
My elderly neighbor there had once shot a burglar in the head with a shotgun slug through the back window of a station wagon as he was driving out the driveway. He didn't even have to go down to file a report. Sheriff's let him retrieve his stolen goods from the vehicle before they towed it away. That was 70s. Times have changed, and I have changed with them.
Peace.
The 80's were rock salt days:D you could even have a good fist fight back then too without pulling a weapon. Times are different now days.

A naked man wouldn't scare me enough to shoot him, but I sure wouldn't blame the man who found it necessary.

sinclair1

I tried to keep him to where he would be there when police got there. I was between him and the woods. When he got up and started walking towards the woods, I kept backing up, keeping the distance. When I got to the woods, I stepped aside and gave him a way to get away. Right before he went into the woods, he turned towards me and that was the second I thought I was going to have to shoot him. Lucky for him and me he chose flight instead of fight. I've found out more about the guy. He went to UGA and studied Pre-dentistry, he got arrested for several things while there, and either got kicked out or quit. That was 2011, and his life has been going downhill since then. On Sept. 7th, he was arrested for possession of meth in Catoosa county. I don't want to say his name before it comes out in the paper, because his dad is a lawyer in Dalton.
Didn't you have a road rage guy on that street a while back, where you had to draw on him?

sinclair1

Didn't you have a road rage guy on that street a while back, where you had to draw on him?

I see it now. Might be time to step back and ask why you are drawing more than a atlanter cop, but stuff happens, just glad it worked out for you :cool:

lbzdually

Banned

Nope, just had the gun at a 90 degree angle from him after he followed me in my driveway and jumped out of his truck and started running towards me, just to let him know to get off our land to leave. He was friendly after that and I actually told him to have a good day. Thanks for trying though.

lbzdually

Banned
Sounds to me like he needs to pack up and bug out if he's surrounded by that many meth-heads and constantly looking over his shoulder in fear. No way to live if you ask me.

Who said I'm living in fear? I'm fine, the poor pregnant woman who was less than 20 ft away from and didn't realize it to later is scared out of her mind and I don't blame her. I was just going to the mailbox and had a gut feeling to bring my gun because of what happened earlier. I had assumed the guy was gone and did not expect too see a meth-ed out dude hiding under a building. But I handled it how it needed to be handled, the guy is in jail and not dead and I was not injured, other than almost having a heat stroke.

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
pay them no mind....the just jealous of your survival and gun slinging skills

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
most of those other folks would have wet their pants......especially Durt

sinclair1

Nope, just had the gun at a 90 degree angle from him after he followed me in my driveway and jumped out of his truck and started running towards me, just to let him know to get off our land to leave. He was friendly after that and I actually told him to have a good day. Thanks for trying though.

Since I passed no judgement and only ask a question, I am not sure what I was trying.

I stated I have no need for shooting a naked man, but can't blame a feller who does, followed by it might be time to step back and take a look at why you are drawing more than a atlanter cop.

If you want to be all defensive, then I wish you well when you draw on the next feller for a misdemeanor :cheers:

lbzdually

Banned
I am just saying that you should not be pointing a gun at someone, unless you see their weapon. That is not a cute little comment. It is a fact.

Putting your hand on a pistol on your belt, or turning so a person can see your rifle on a sling or in your hand, pointed at the ground is "showing him that you have a weapon". There is no crime in that. Pointing a gun at him is an entirely different thing.

Simply pointing a gun at an unarmed person, even if you don't fire, is most definitely a crime in GA, and would very likely land you in jail. That is called brandishing. Look up the law.

Sorry, but every police officer I talked to said I pretty much did everything by the book. They also said to my wife and the poor pregnant woman whose car he broke into would have been completely justified to shoot him when he started walking towards them ranting about someone killing his girlfriend and outing her in a wood chipper. Again since you seem have glossed over everything I have said in a weak attempt to prove yourself as a brilliant legal mind, he was naked, drugged out and when he started walking towards me, I pointed the gun at him and started backing up. I repeatedly told him to just be still and stay back. He kept coming and I kept backing up. When I got to the edge of the woods I stepped aside, still with my gun trained on him, allowing to escape. At this point he took one step towards me, not towards the escape route I gave him, but then he turned and left, running through the woods. Now mind you he been stealing from these people for hours or even days, and I knew they had tools in their car and their building that he could have possibly stolen and had hidden under the deck where he walked by or in the high grass. If I had my gun at my side and had he grabbed a horseshoe stake, which I knew was just inside the building where he just came from, he could been on me before I could get my gun up to center mass. Did I mention he was hyped up on drugs and pretty much ran through a briar thicket without even feeling it?

Your brandishing baloney ticket might hold up in a public place, but on private property I had been given permission and asked to help patrol by a very scared pregnant woman, well put it this way -quit giving legal advice, because you are pretty clueless.

Josey

Sorry, but every police officer I talked to said I pretty much did everything by the book. They also said to my wife and the poor pregnant woman whose car he broke into would have been completely justified to shoot him when he started walking towards them ranting about someone killing his girlfriend and outing her in a wood chipper. Again since you seem have glossed over everything I have said in a weak attempt to prove yourself as a brilliant legal mind, he was naked, drugged out and when he started walking towards me, I pointed the gun at him and started backing up. I repeatedly told him to just be still and stay back. He kept coming and I kept backing up. When I got to the edge of the woods I stepped aside, still with my gun trained on him, allowing to escape. At this point he took one step towards me, not towards the escape route I gave him, but then he turned and left, running through the woods. Now mind you he been stealing from these people for hours or even days, and I knew they had tools in their car and their building that he could have possibly stolen and had hidden under the deck where he walked by or in the high grass. If I had my gun at my side and had he grabbed a horseshoe stake, which I knew was just inside the building where he just came from, he could been on me before I could get my gun up to center mass. Did I mention he was hyped up on drugs and pretty much ran through a briar thicket without even feeling it?

Your brandishing baloney ticket might hold up in a public place, but on private property I had been given permission and asked to help patrol by a very scared pregnant woman, well put it this way -quit giving legal advice, because you are pretty clueless.

Simmer down, sport. You are wrong, and if cops told you what you say they did, they were idiots. And wrong.

If you think I am clueless, do yourself a favor and look up Georgia code on the use of deadly force. As a gun owner, you should have been responsible and already done that, a long time ago.

lbzdually

Banned
Since I passed no judgement and only ask a question, I am not sure what I was trying.

I stated I have no need for shooting a naked man, but can't blame a feller who does, followed by it might be time to step back and take a look at why you are drawing more than a atlanter cop.

If you want to be all defensive, then I wish you well when you draw on the next feller for a misdemeanor :cheers:

I guess the proper thing to when a guy who is road raging follows me into my own driveway is to assume he just wants to shake my hand when he comes running out of his truck hollering threats at me. I guess I should have just the naked man stay laying where he was and hope he decides to not grab the pregnant woman or her 2 young kids. He was so messed up, he might have even thought they were someone who 'had his girlfriend and was about kill her and put her in the wood chipper' and forced himself inside the house had I not ran him off with my gun.

Did I mention to you legal beagles the cops only caught him because he decided to go lay naked in someone else's yard and they saw him? The poor pregnant girl could not even stay in her own house last night and may not for a long time. Had I not scared him good, he might have came back, since he had been back and forth several times. He was still messed up but remembered to tell the cops that some dude about killed me over there. You know what the cop said, you are very lucky he didn't because legally he could have.

sinclair1

I guess the proper thing to when a guy who is road raging follows me into my own driveway is to assume he just wants to shake my hand when he comes running out of his truck hollering threats at me. I guess I should have just the naked man stay laying where he was and hope he decides to not grab the pregnant woman or her 2 young kids. He was so messed up, he might have even thought they were someone who 'had his girlfriend and was about kill her and put her in the wood chipper' and forced himself inside the house had I not ran him off with my gun.

Did I mention to you legal beagles the cops only caught him because he decided to go lay naked in someone else's yard and they saw him? The poor pregnant girl could not even stay in her own house last night and may not for a long time. Had I not scared him good, he might have came back, since he had been back and forth several times. He was still messed up but remembered to tell the cops that some dude about killed me over there. You know what the cop said, you are very lucky he didn't because legally he could have.
I didn't read all that, you have been through enough and I won't argue with you about it.
hope you can get back to normal after a bad experience :cool:

Josey

Yep. You are upset about what happened, and rightly so. I don't blame you for that, and wouldn't blame you if you had posted about opening a large can of whoop(butt) on him.

Just trying to point you in the right direction about learning and knowing the Georgia laws about the use of deadly force. Probably something you should look into when you feel better. :cool:

lbzdually

Banned
Simmer down, sport. You are wrong, and if cops told you what you say they did, they were idiots. And wrong. I said nothing about your pregnant woman thing. I was talking about your OP, in this particular thread. Don't put words in my mouth.

If you think I am clueless, do yourself a favor and look up Georgia code on the use of deadly force. As a gun owner, you should have been responsible and already done that, a long time ago.

I didn't use deadly force and I only would have if he attacked me, therefore committing a forcible felony against me. I also reasonable belief he was trying to commit a forcible felony by being naked and lying in wait for the woman and her children to sexually assault them. There is no brandishing law in Georgia. In Georgia, you can use deadly force or threat of deadly force in defense of a forcible felony against yourself or others. If he had continued and not retreated and tried to assault me on my property or the property of someone I had been given written and verbal permission to defend, then the Stand Your ground law would have applied. Cool chief?

Josey

Do some more research. You haven't done enough.

I'm done trying to reason with an unreasonable person.

lbzdually

Banned
16-11-139(a) A person commits the offense of disorderly conduct when such person commits any of the following:
(1) Acts in a violent or tumultuous manner toward another person whereby such person is placed in reasonable fear of the safety of such person´s life, limb, or health;

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-102
Pointing or aiming gun or pistol at another

A person is guilty of a misdemeanor when he intentionally and without legal justification points or aims a gun or pistol at another, whether the gun or pistol is loaded or unloaded.

If I were on public property and pointing a gun at someone who was not doing anything threatening towards me, then I would be without legal justification. But I wasn't, end of story.

Josey

If I were on public property and pointing a gun at someone who was not doing anything threatening towards me, then I would be without legal justification. But I wasn't, end of story.

You still need to do a lot more research. Public or private property does not matter here.

Simple battery is not a forcible felony. Deadly force, or the threat of such is not legal against simple battery...or disorderly conduct. Where was that naked man hiding his gun, knife, baseball bat, steel pipe, etc.? Did he state that he intended to kill you? (are you starting to see by my questions that your life was not threatened, especially since he repeatedly told you not to hurt him?)

Post your OP over on GeorgiaPacking dot org. There are gun-toting lawyers on there that are very well acquainted with Georgia gun laws. This forum is a bunch of good ol' boys, and we don't know much about carry laws.