Fort Gordon Fall Kid’s Fishing Derby

The Kid's Fishing Derby will be this Saturday from 7:30 am to 2:00 pm at Claypit I Lake located on Fort Gordon. Children must be ages 3-15 to participate. T-shirt for first 300 kids. Age group awards based on pounds of fish caught. Free food provided by MWR.
Check out the flyer:
http://www.fortgordon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/FALL-DERBY-FISHING-WEB-FLYER1.pdf

The Kid's Fishing Derby back on June 4 was great! Go out and fish! Tight lines!

BTW, Claypit I Lake is still a great place to fish (sunfish, largemouth bass, channel catfish) even when there's no derby. It will be open for other anglers after 2pm!

Who can go and how long will it take to get through the gate?

I would suggest calling the contact number in the above flyer to get the best answer to your question. This Saturday (September 24, 2016) also happens to be National Hunting and Fishing Day, and Georgia residents enjoy opportunities to fish in public fishing waters without a license. The last Kid's Fishing Derby on Fort Gordon back on June 4 also coincided with one of Georgia's Free Fishing Days. The personnel at the main gate will probably be aware of additional visitors Saturday morning who may not necessarily have DoD IDs (anyone age 16+ must have some government ID with photo). As long as there's an adult supervising each child who fishes, it should be a fun day!