2017-2018 WMA Deer Hunt Results

oldfatbubba

Some of you may have seen the WMA Deer Hunt Result report that I maintain, which contains data from each WMA hunt from 2011 through 2018. I've been maintaining and sharing it with this GON forum for a couple of years and am curious to find out how many of you have actually used it? PM me or post publicly.

If you're not familiar with my report, here's a LINK to it. It opens in a web-based version of Excel and contains several views of the DNR's data; success rate, # of participants per hunt, average deer harvested per hunt, etc.

Feedback, comments, suggestions, etc are all welcome.

Regards,
Bubba.

Zgoossens

I just recently discovered your report and I was pretty blown away by it. I had started doing a small version on my own to check the success rates on some of the WMAs I was interested in, but what you've got going puts mine to shame. This is going to be very useful to me, as a WMA hunter in the Atlanta area who has to make decisions on what public land to use my precious quota points on. I definitely appreciate what you're doing there. Great work.

The only feedback or suggestion I have would be that to include the size of the various areas into the calculation could also be useful. A calculation of hunters/acre might be helpful to get a sense of how crowded the various hunts are.

oldfatbubba

The only feedback or suggestion I have would be that to include the size of the various areas into the calculation could also be useful. A calculation of hunters/acre might be helpful to get a sense of how crowded the various hunts are.

Thank you for your feedback. Done! Check the tab named, Hunters 100 Acres.

bany

Thanks OFB!

PappyHoel

Average of 10-12% success rate across all WMA. I wonder what it is overall for deer hunters in Ga?

oldfatbubba

Updated today, April 17. Results from Oconee, Allatoona, and Redlands are still outstanding

Last edited: