Where can I find Georgia's current record buck?

Rodonne1

I'm curious to see our top ten list or even just the record buck for our great state of Georgia, does anyone know where I can find this?
Thanks in advance -Robbie

Hyper Sniper

The current typical resides at Bass pro I think its around 187":clap:

ultramag

He was killed in Monroe County by Buck Ashe in the early 1960s..A friend of mine found his shed the year before he was killed..The bucks name was "Big Red". Duncan Dobie did an article about the shed that my friend found and another guy that found the matching shed the same year a mile away..when he took the shed to show it to the landowner..he said ..oh yeah that is big red..i see him in my garden in the summer..but he is smart..nobody can kill him..well buck ashe did..and he still holds the record ..after all of these years..every time i go to his house..i just hold that shed ..dumbfounded..and when i go to the bass pro in duluth i always say "Hey Big Red"...It is an Awesome story to hear him tell it

Attachments

• damus shed.JPG
    damus shed.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 5,310

short stop

Which record ?
Theres several categorys of records with both 2 classifications each Both having Typical and Non typical record standing

Bow - typ / * Non typ
Muzzloader - typ/ * Non typ
Modern gun - typ / *Non typ
found /pick up- typ /*Non typ

If I'm not mistaken the records belong to the following people : and Please correct me if I am wrong with any of these records ... I think the muzz loader * Nt record has been broken ?? and I cannot find info on the typical muzz record .

BOW
Micheal Long 173 1/8 Typ - Morgan county 1991

Jay Maxwell 213 4/8 * NON Typ - Fulton county 2008

GUN
Buck Ashe 191 4/8 Typical -Monroe county 1961
Billy Joe Padgett 248 4/8 * NonTyp -Telfair county 1998

MUZZLOADER
Typ-?
Bob Gillespie Non-Typical 216 2/8 Wilkes 1978

heres a list but they are not up to date ..........
http://webapp.dnr.state.ga.us/wrd/showdeer.php
http://webapp.dnr.state.ga.us/wrd/showdeer.php

pic of state record typical gun kill --Ashe Buck

Attachments

• GA%20RECORD%20TYPICAL.JPG
    GA%20RECORD%20TYPICAL.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 5,316
Last edited:

Al White

Does anyone know if the Ashe buck was aged?

Swamprat

Swamprat
Does anyone know if the Ashe buck was aged?

Yeah....he was 2.5:rofl:

The list would be really amazing if everybody entered their deer but lot's of folks like to keep their area pretty quiet as to what gets killed. Some real brutes are harvested every year that never see any publicity.

Hammack

The list would be really amazing if everybody entered their deer but lot's of folks like to keep their area pretty quiet as to what gets killed. Some real brutes are harvested every year that never see any publicity.

I will second that. My county has no B&C bucks listed, but one of my best friends was a taxidermist for years and moutned one back in the late 80's that he knew was killed here, but the guy did not want it out in the open. I'm not sure I would want all that publicity myself if I killed a monster like that.

Broken Tine

This is the Padgett buck.

Attachments

• padgett.jpg
    padgett.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 5,568

cmk07c

the biggest never make the list! Ex. shot with light, poached, don't want their land poached, or just could care less. In FL if you break a record you have to sign a testimony and/or get put on a lie detector.

Rodonne1

Wow, they put you on a lie detector test? I guess they take the record books pretty seriously, I would have never guessed that.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Wow, they put you on a lie detector test? I guess they take the record books pretty seriously, I would have never guessed that.

Hey....it's Florida, they just want to make sure we ain't hauling them in from Georgia. :bounce:

Nah, we got some decent deer around and it is getting better as time goes on. The lease I am on has had a 140" killed on it as well as a 136" and a 154"harvested within a 1/4 mile of our lease over the last few years.

We will never compete with Georgia but that is the same as saying Georgia will never compete with a Iowa or Kansas.

Taylor Co.

:cheers::hair::bounce::bounce: 2.5 IS what we have been officially told.