Lathem Reservoir

rednecktoyotamudder

I will after I go in the morning! Haven't been over there in a couple months so kinda curious to see what they are doing now.

rednecktoyotamudder

Report 10-4-12

Only was able to fish for about 3 and a half hours this morning. Its about 2-3 feet low which is the first time ive ever seen it low but the manager said they were letting some out since the river was so low. I also noticed the grass bed that plagued the whole lake from 0-12 ft was gone for the most part thank goodness. Water had a slight stain on the most of the lake with temps around 72-73.5. Back in the creek was a little more stained and I saw it get down to 71 in places. I ended up catching six overall. My best one was around 2.5-3 lbs with a few small keepers and a couple short fish. I only caught one fish that was shallow (less than 3 ft.). The rest were anywhere from 10-18 ft. All were caught on a shaky head.
I think the water is still a little too warm but here in the next few weeks the bite should really start to heat up.
Hope this helps and good luck! :fine:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 628

littlejon

Did you say SH ? :biggrin2:Thanks for the report. only fished it once and need to get back. Good looking lake and love the deep water. Just surpriced more spots are not caught

rednecktoyotamudder

Did you say SH ? :biggrin2:Thanks for the report. only fished it once and need to get back. Good looking lake and love the deep water. Just surpriced more spots are not caught

Shhh no I didn't say SH! This has been the worst year as far as bigger fish for me in the past 4 years I've been fishing it. I've actually caught alot of small spots under 12 inches this year and 2 today, I'd like to see em grow a little cause I love catchin em!

russ010

Looks like a great lake. Is this electric only? Open to the public???

It is electric only, and it's open to the public. Lake hours are 8am-5pm this time of year. You pay $5 to park & fish - the box is right at the top of the ramp.

rednecktoyotamudder

They may open the gates a few minutes earlier but not enough to make a difference. Occasionally if there is a tournament they may open them about 715-730

Pauley

It is a beautiful lake. I wish they would open earlier, I have always wanted see what the early bite is like on that lake.

F.A.R.R.

8 AM kinda stinks though... They dont open the gates any earlier?

Agree...also they close it early so you don't get the late bite either. The way its set up you can't be on the water at any peak times.

It won't change though it's all regulated by the county.