Georgia looks like a good bet to win SEC East

Les Miles

Banned
ATHENS, Ga. -- Fact: Georgia started 0-2 last season (with losses to No. 8 Boise State and No. 9 South Carolina) and then won 10 straight games to clinch a spot in the SEC Championship Game.

Fact: Georgia finished the 2011 season with the nation's No. 5 defense. Ten of 11 starters return for 2012.

Fact: Georgia returns the SEC's No. 2 passer in Aaron Murray, who threw for 3,149 yards and 35 touchdowns a season ago. Of the returning quarterbacks in FBS football for the coming season, only Southern California's Matt Barkley (37) threw for more touchdowns in 2011 than Murray.

Fact: For the second consecutive year, Georgia will not play Alabama, LSU or Arkansas.

Fact: The SEC has won six straight BCS championships and 10 national titles in the past 20 seasons. Georgia, however, has not won a national championship since 1980, when Herschel Walker was a freshman.

Fact: Georgia's play under coach Mark Richt has been at a pretty high level in the best conference in the land. Consider: Georgia has been playing football since 1892. In almost 120 seasons, Georgia has won 10 or more games just 19 times. Seven of those 10-win seasons have been posted in the past 11 years (2001-2011) under Richt.

Full Article: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ood-bet-to-win-sec-east-but-that-could-change

Dudley Do-Wrong

Fact: For the second consecutive year, Georgia will not play Alabama, LSU or Arkansas.

[/url]

This is the most glaring fact and tends to support Suurrier's view on how the division champ should be determined.

UGA was scheduled to play Bama this year but got a reprieve when Mizzu and aTm joined the SEC.

DSGB

For the second consecutive year, Alabama will not play Georgia or South Carolina.

Works both ways.

CMR is 3-1 against Bama (1-1 since Saban arrived) and 5-1 against ARK. He's 3-4 against LSU with two losses (one win) in SECCG.

irishleprechaun

Fact: UGA got to keep a weak cross division game while SC got to keep the road game at LSU as the cross division matchup.

Interesting that we were not able to keep our home game with Miss St but yet were allowed to keep our away game with LSU.

We got cheated:cry::cry::cry:

emusmacker

South Carolina fans will ALWAYS whine about something.

brownceluse

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone is crying about our weak schedule! Every team in the sec or any conference has cycles. 4 or 5 years ago none of us would have cared about playing Bama. I wanted to play Bama instead of Mizu too! Heck, I don't even want Mizu in the Sec! The OBC will cry and whine when it benefits him and I hated the fact that we backed into the East title, but I love the fact that it had consumed him! That makes it all good! As far as where we may end this year who knows? The O line is young again, and that's the only concern I have. We will be able to play with anybody on D!! The front seven of our D is very good, and there is depth this year too! That will be the key baring no key injuries or Arrest!

Les Miles

Banned
For the life of me I can't understand why anyone is crying about our weak schedule! Every team in the sec or any conference has cycles. 4 or 5 years ago none of us would have cared about playing Bama. I wanted to play Bama instead of Mizu too! Heck, I don't even want Mizu in the Sec! The OBC will cry and whine when it benefits him and I hated the fact that we backed into the East title, but I love the fact that it had consumed him! That makes it all good! As far as where we may end this year who knows? The O line is young again, and that's the only concern I have. We will be able to play with anybody on D!! The front seven of our D is very good, and there is depth this year too! That will be the key baring no key injuries or Arrest!

I don't worry about other team's strength of schedule. LSU had one of the toughest schedules ever last year. This year LSU has a pretty easy schedule with 8 home games and only 4 road games at Auburn, Florida, Texas A&M, and Arkansas.

That being said, just let em strap on the pads and play ball. It's like you said, the schedule is cyclical and things will eventually even out.

BTW - 134 days till football :fine:

DSGB

Fact: UGA got to keep a weak cross division game while SC got to keep the road game at LSU as the cross division matchup.

Interesting that we were not able to keep our home game with Miss St but yet were allowed to keep our away game with LSU.

We got cheated:cry::cry::cry:

That is odd. You would think they'd keep the home game with MSU, since you played at their field last season. I was under the impression that was the reason why we kept Ole Miss and not Bama since they owed us a home game. It could be because that would have given you five SEC home games.

brownceluse

I don't worry about other team's strength of schedule. LSU had one of the toughest schedules ever last year. This year LSU has a pretty easy schedule with 8 home games and only 4 road games at Auburn, Florida, Texas A&M, and Arkansas.

That being said, just let em strap on the pads and play ball. It's like you said, the schedule is cyclical and things will eventually even out.

I agree I can't wait until kickoff!!!!!

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
The only facts that matter are A. Everybody has years where they play an easy schedule and have no reason to apologize for it when it is there turn. And B. Some folks are gonna cry and complain about something no matter what.

I don't care who Alabama plays. So why would any Alabama fan care who we play?

If go the conference championship in the SEC you can hold your head up and don't have anything to apologize for to anybody.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor

Amen. Can't wait.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor

Good post. I would rather we had won it outright. I think all UGA fans do. But we got in how got in and if the OBS has a problem with it then he should have coached better I guess.

I think Missouri being in the SEC is a joke too. We need to change the name of the conference from SEC to Former Confederacy Conference for that to make sense.

Matthew6

Banned thug
Fact: Uga will lose to Carolina.
Fact: if they sneak in the seccg again, they will get tore up by bama.

RipperIII

Good post. I would rather we had won it outright. I think all UGA fans do. But we got in how got in and if the OBS has a problem with it then he should have coached better I guess.

I think Missouri being in the SEC is a joke too. We need to change the name of the conference from SEC to Former Confederacy Conference for that to make sense.

Drop the "former" and I'm all in...