Braque Francais

OEB0630

I have not seen one in GA for a couple of years. However, I hunt with a lot of them each year in SD. A good friend of mine is a breeder and importer; makes annual trips to France for his kennel.

Anything in particular you are wanting to know?

krawlin5

looking for a first hunting dog just trying to talk to someone the experience with one how hard to train good family dog those kind of questions.

AllTerrainAngler

I worked with one through obedience and FF. To me he acted exaclty like my GSP hyper. borderline crazy but very responsive.

AllTerrainAngler

To me its just a small GSP.... My current GSP has held 44lbs for 2-3 months now so you could say i have a braque. haha

AllTerrainAngler

on that same note a braque d'auvegne looks just about the same but they are predominantly black/ white instead of liver

OEB0630

Pretty much the same hyper-activity level as a GSP; which it too hyper for me, that is why I have bearded dogs!

I would say the one benefit, is there is a more strict breeding program in place vs the GSP - so, for the most part you know you will be getting a pup with all the natural ability.

One downside to a BF over a GSP, although they are classified as a versatile breed, they are not as inclined to work in the water.