Chufa

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Some chufa I planted about a month ago , and with all of this rain they seem to be doing good , for u guys that have planted chufa in the past do u fertilize any after they get this big , I planted 4 50 lb bags and used 250lbs of 10/10/10 per bag of seed , the land has been planted in food plots for several yrs with lime and fertilizer every year , just trying to help our turkey's out a little , thanks !

Attachments

• IMG_4214.PNG
    IMG_4214.PNG
    869.3 KB · Views: 292

GAGE

GONetwork Member
Looks good, and I have always wanted to try it but the hogs would not let the turkeys have any.

Kawaliga

Gone but not forgotten
I planted it two years ago, and hogs showed up for the feast.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yeah we've tried to plant them on our lease in south ga and they turn into hog feed , lucky not to have any in Troup co , not enough to matter anyway

cowhornedspike

If you have the ability to spray you need to hit that with 2,4-DB Butyrac pretty soon before those broadleaf weeds get any larger. Chufa does not do well competing against weeds. Dees best in new ground with few weeds and you may find you need to switch to another plot after a few years.

I always plant my chufa around July 1 and I don't fertilize after that. My plots have always done well and the turkeys love them.