Assassin 36 Grill

olewarthog

Got a new toy. Assassin 36 Grill. (Made in Macon, GA). This is a heavy duty grill with insulated door. Two cooking racks give plenty of room for lots of burgers, steaks, chicken, wings, etc. The side access door holds a ash catcher, charcoal grate & water pan. Can be used with or with the water pan. Nice roomy shelves front & right side are removable. Door has sturdy gas assist lift. Two fixed & two swivel casters make it easy to move around. I am seasoning it as I type this. Put down a single layer of charcoal about 2/3 across the charcoal grate. Lit about 12 briqs & dumped them at the end of the grate. Sprayed the cooking grates & all inside metal with Pam. Let in come up to about 275 with intake vent wide open. Closed it down about half & temps kept rising slowly. At 300, closed the vent down to just a crack. Been holding steady at 325 for well over an hour with just that small vent. Assassin offers an optional V-pan that allows the grill to work as a smoker for low n slow cooking. You can customize the door color. The stock models have exhaust stack in middle. I got this one on the right side to create even heat draw across the cooking grates. Assassin will customize your grill the way you want it. Many at no additional costs. www.assassin-smokers.com

K80Shooter

Assassin makes quality products. I have one of their smokers, it's as good as they come. Jeff is very good to work with and will bend over backwards to make his customers happy. Mine is a Assassin 28 with a custom paint job.

olewarthog

Assassin makes quality products. I have one of their smokers, it's as good as they come. Jeff is very good to work with and will bend over backwards to make his customers happy. Mine is a Assassin 28 with a custom paint job.

Absolutely. I also have an Assassin 17 Gravity Feed Smoker. Jeff Conley is the best in the business. He makes super quality products & his customer service is second to none. He offers the best bang for the buck in quality grills & smokers. Most of his cookers come tricked out with standard features that many other grill makers charge as extra options. Assassin will also do a good bit of customization of your cooker at no extra charge. Plus, they are built right here in GA by GA folks. www.assassin-smokers.com

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Good lookin cooker!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!:cool:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Sweet looking rig. Looks like it will get the job done just right!

Dub

It really is. With the optional V-pan it really works like an offset smoker. There are several videos by BBQ Freak using the Assassin Grill as a smoker with the V-pan. I linked one below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bib41WMKSLk

I've been checking out his videos and reading up more on these grills. The folks over at BBQ Brethren are mighty fond of them.

The versatility of this thing is unreal. Build quality really shows, too.

I really like how you can use either the water pan or v-pan to handle the slow'n'low stuff or neither for chicken, steaks and burgers.

It looks like there is tremendous payload inside that thing.

I'd love to know how even the heat is across the grates left-to-right plus the temp differences on the bottom and top grate on a 250 target cook. Every so often I want to be able to do a butt cook of 8 or so butts and this thing looks like it could handle that with ease.

I think you are going to really enjoy that Assassin 36. I've read a heap on them and have yet to see a single complaint from any owner.