Poor man's Blackstone Griddle

Dr. Strangelove

I won a gas grill in a raffle the other day. I haven't owned one in years but it's nice to be able to just turn it on and start cooking for the simple, quick stuff.

I also found a use for my old cast iron griddle that I usually use on the Coleman stove behold the poor man's Blackstone Griddle!

P1010939_zps3w30bazb.jpg

I also recently moved, so here's the new outdoor cooking facility.

P1010937_zpsl5edx4qh.jpg

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
That'll work!

I'm in the middle of a move too. We'll be renting while we build and the rental has an open back deck and a small covered front porch. I'm thinking the front porch is going to be pretty crowded with grills, griddles and smokers.

Dr. Strangelove

That'll work!

I'm in the middle of a move too. We'll be renting while we build and the rental has an open back deck and a small covered front porch. I'm thinking the front porch is going to be pretty crowded with grills, griddles and smokers.

I miss the deck we had at the old house, but this one has a huge covered patio. The grills now take up just a tiny corner of the patio and I can get in and out of the house without having to walk on carpet, which is nice with plates of food.

cjones

Nice looking setup. I've been trying to figure out where I can add a covered porch on the back of our house. My little brick patio is overrun with smokers.

Dub

Looks like a great spot to conjure up some great meals !!!

Nice arsenal of grilling tools, too.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Looks like a great spot to conjure up some great meals !!!

Nice arsenal of grilling tools, too.

Yep, but what's that sack of Kingsford doing around those tools? Real chefs use lump.:bounce:

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yep, used my Lodge griddle and Coleman tailgater together many a time.

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Looks like you have a good place to throw down Doc! I used my lodge griddle just a while back.

Dr. Strangelove

Thanks to all!

Yep, but what's that sack of Kingsford doing around those tools? Real chefs use lump.

The Kingsford belongs to one of the heathens I share the house with, that's his kettle grill as well. It does not get used in the BGE.

Who makes the gasser?

I won it in a raffle, even though I never win those things. It's an Outdoor Gourmet from Academy Sports and retails for $199.99. I've had it a couple of weeks and enjoy using it, though I haven't owned a gas grill in 20+ years. It's a deal for the price as it seems well built for the price range. Time will tell. It's good alternative when I just want to cook a pack of hotdogs, it's hard to justify burning $5 worth of charcoal to cook $2 worth of hotdogs.

I also have a mini Egg I need to work into the scheme somewhere.

Cmp1

BANNED
Nice setup,,,, my buddy had his setup on his front porch,,,, had to move it to the back of the house,,,, people would drive by and call the FD,,,,