Smoked sausage

mmcneil

I've been wanting to make some jalapeño and cheddar smoked sausage for a while. Last week Kroger had pork loins on sale so I grabbed a few and got some pork fat from the butcher. They turned out pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_1047.jpg
    IMG_1047.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1049.jpg
    IMG_1049.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1052.jpg
    IMG_1052.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 177

little rascal

That looks pretty good!

I make a lot of sausages, mostly Cajun sausages, like Andouille, Chaurice. I have made hot dogs and chicken sausage(Italian), and breakfast sausage in casings and patties. I have even attempted beef which is awesome.
But, one thing I know for sure, we at home cannot put enough fat in our sausage to equal that junk on the shelves! It's almost pure white it has so much fat in it, don't get me wrong, it's good but, I think home made is a little leaner and a lot better! The trick to good smoked sausage is to not cook the fat out of it when you smoke it to put up for later. If you are cooking/smoking it to eat immediately, go for it and you don't even need cure!
Loin is pretty lean but you said you added fat. I have learned how to make pulled pork from loin that when on in a bbq sandwich you would never know it wasn't shoulder or butt.
Good job, that looks delicious, now you got me wanting Jalapeno/Cheddar something!:bounce:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I have got to do that!!!!!!! Sho nuff looks good right there!:cheers:

CC Rider

Would you mind posting the recipe? Thanks in advance, I've been looking for a good one for a while.