Guided hunts

Tristan1687

Hey guys, looking to do a guided bowhunt for whitetail/shotgun hunt pheasant hunt with my father in the fall. Looking to go outside GA, North Dakota seems nice...Wondering if anyone has suggestions on locations and or outfitters.

Thanks!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
No doubt I would visit my friend Austin Maas at www.brokenbrow.com (same names on Facebook and probably more updated) in Iowa. He is a great family man and hunter. He has an incredible deer population with some absolute giants and is generally covered up in pheasants. For deer he runs very few hunters and even fewer at a time. The accommodations are a fully renovated family farm house that was renovated with hunters in mind.

His section of Iowa has an almost 100% yearly draw for deer shotgun hunts. Only thing I don't know for sure is when pheasant season is and how he handles his bird hunts.

You can see some photos here and also read about our hunt there a couple years back. We didnt get drawn for archery this year, but we will be back next season for sure. http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=856686&page=14 Post #346 is where our IO leg of 2015 started.

PM me any questions and I will help as much as I can

Tristan1687

Thanks! Just sent him an email. This will be my first experience hunting outside GA and I dont know jack about tags and the lottery system. This one may have to wait 'til 2018.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Good, hopefully he will at least point you in the right direction. I just texted him to keep an eye out for contact from his website. Outfitters dont seem to check their email as often as they should :D

AdamFly

Montana would be a good place to look. Draw is probably as likely as Iowa, but you will get the deer permit, upland bird, and possibly an elk tag combo. Obviously land wise lots of public land or could use a guide out there