22 point south ga recored buck poached !!!!!!!

Killdee

we should have more game laws against poaching.....

Probably have enough law's, just need better funding to put more DNR officers out to enforce them and tougher penalties. Slap on the butt is not a deterrent.:mad::crazy:

DeoVindice

There has to be alot more to the story, especially regarding how they figured out he shot it at night and where he took the head, etc. If a poacher though, he should burn.

Exactly. I would love to hear the entire story and how they were able to catch him. Obviously Game Wardens will frequent taxidermists and see the deer that were brought in. I'm guessing this is what happened. Still, it is an intriguing story. If the guy had no license did someone else take the deer to the taxidermist? Taxidermists usually get license info when you take a deer to them. I can't believe this guy thought he would be able to hide a 190" buck. Word gets around quick when a 190" buck is taken.

I despise poachers. Law abiding hunters spend lots of time and money on their land. We go by the rules and do everything right and then some jerk drives around at night and takes away our opportunity to score on a trophy...And this deer is an exceptional trophy. I feel horrible for the local hunters who may have had a chance to take this buck. Terrible ending to this story.

The DNR office in Social Circle is less than a mile from my Grandmother's house. Next time I am down there I will stop in and take some pics.

chrisw1073

Nice deer indeed. I saw it last year when I went to see the Judge about getting some help with an issue I had. The Judge is a big time hunter as well. Said it was killed a little South of Abbeville near his personal lease where peanut farming is very prominent.