A First-timer's String and Cable Swap Thread

Kris87

You're goint to need a press for starters, and a draw board would be helpful too. You can check the sync using a hook and pulling down and eyeballing it, but you're going to need a press to adjust the cables. If the bottom is hitting first, then can start by untwisting the control cable.

If all of this is brand new to you, and you don't have the proper tools, then I'd seek help from a shop.

Mavren

Hey Kris87, quick question here. I've got to the point where the strings are one, cams are timed, lean is set, and paper tune is showing bullet holes. I was going to set the 20 yard pin and attempt walk back tuning but then it occured to me that I will likely have string stretch over the next 100-200 shots or so. Should I just run 100-200 shots through the bow first and then revisit timing, paper tune, walk back tune etc. so that I'm not duplicating the effort or will the string stretch make that much of a difference?

Kris87

I normally shoot mine indoors 30-50 times and call it good. Very rarely does my cam sync move after that. This last set of BCY-X threads I got from JBK had virtually no stretch from the first shot on. But I always check it periodically to make sure. I'd go ahead and sight it in. If you have to make adjustments, they will be very, very small, and won't affect your sight much.

devils12

Good morning kris,

I just shot four arrows through this bow and attached is what I got. The only thing I have changed is that I tightened the limb bolts all the way down. The hexx is fletched as you can see and is the arrow that my son purchased for this bow. What gives on the high left tear being gone?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 346

Kris87

I had this same question from another member just this week. Anytime u tighten/loosen the limbs it can affect left and right travel because the string's path changes. It can go either way. That's why u always tune the bow on exact poundage you're going to shoot. I've read some guys turning bow down to practice, then up to hunt. That's not a good idea unless u recheck everything.