The One True God?

Artfuldodger

Good grief, man, you've got to draw the line somewhere.

Yeah I hope the Methodist are of the Elect as they are leading the way towards "Unity."

There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free;
nor is there male or female, for you all are one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28)

Artfuldodger

Romans 5:13
To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone's account where there is no law.

The Hindu never had a Covenant(law) with God.

John 9:41
Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

(Is the Hindu accountable?)

Romans 15:21
Rather, as it is written: "Those who were not told about him will see, and those who have not heard will understand."

(Only if made to see by God = election)

Romans 10:14
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

(I was assuming God could make them not blind himself)

2 Peter 2:21
It would be better if they had never known the way to righteousness than to know it and then reject the command they were given to live a holy life.

Yet the Hindu has knowledge of the one true God and thus he knows right from wrong. How can a totally depraved person know right from wrong? Isn't he blind?

Artfuldodger

Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

God's invisible qualities makes everyone aware of him. How does total depravity enter into this? Did God blind these people who should have been aware of his existence? Everyone is aware of his existence.
Is the Hindu aware of God's existence by his invisible qualities?
Is this awareness different from knowing about Jesus? Did they ignore God so he has blinded them from Jesus?
Why would God make someone depraved or ignorant to his own salvation?
The blind can't see. God must deliver sight.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

Borrowed from another thread;

Is it possible for God to give this faith to people who have never heard of Jesus?

If every man in the whole world was made in the image of God, perhaps Adam took this image away and Jesus restored it.
Now somehow every man in the whole world's image has been restored. We can now become more like God.
We can become the Children of God and the brother of Jesus.

Election is better for world wide salvation compared to witnessing.
God can give people the faith they need to believe even if it's just a small measure.
The one true God that is.

mdgreco191

I have to say your points are very interesting. I am not nearly as educated as you or others in the Bible. However, I will attempt to answer your question in my own simple way.

I have to believe as with anything that is touched by man it has been distorted. Therefore the Bible even though it is the inspired word of God was tainted and/or misinterpreted / incorrectly translated in some places. So I would have to believe that anyone that believes in God as a whole and decides to live a good life would be granted access to heaven. I know that may anger many who believe that accepting Jesus into your life is the only way to gain access to the afterlife. To Artfuldodger's point though I don't think it can be that cut and dry.

As I have said I'm sure others will dissent, but I just have a hard time believing that somebody on a far-flung place would not be granted access to heaven just because they hadn't heard the Christian version of God's word.

Logan77

Now the question is; will the great mystery of two becoming one be revealed eventually? Will we all be united?
"According to Revelation 9:20-21, the rest of mankind who were not killed by the plagues did not repent of their actions, including their worship of demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see, hear, or walk."

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
God Whatever biased human wrote that chapter in the Christian Bible refered to the followers of these other beliefs as heathens
FIFY.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
To start with, how many people believe there is only one true God?
How many believe this one true God is the same God the Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, Protestants, Catholics, Native American Religions, Methodists, and Pentecostals worship but God has revealed himself differently to each group?
I think this more and more all the time.

gordon 2

The Tower of Babble really did a number on spiritual unity. No! wait! Before the Tower of Babble they were doing a number of spiritual life. I would suggest that the great difference between Christianity and a good many other religions or faiths is that Christianity is not a wisdom religion or a knowledge faith. It has more in common with the mystical aspects of other religions. The degrees of view from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, is very different than the degrees of view from the tree of life--- yet both observers might yet both pastorals might have the same god.

j_seph

Aren't these Gods mentioned in the Bible?
Baal, Astarte, Asherah, Chemosh, Dagon, Moloch, Tammuz,

Logan77

Like also perhaps
"Sto-Machs", and "Mo-Ney"... and maybe "Wo-Rld" and "Fle-sh" and "Ha-Sa-Tan" and "Sel-Fish-Ness" .... etc etc etc

Logan77

There is Only One Creator Able to Give Life and To Safe Life.

All the others frauds and death, or leading to destruction for all who indulge.

sprewett

This may have already been went over in this thread and if so I apologize for the redundancy.
All the names of all the different religions for God do not describe the same God.
Every religion in the world's way to reach heaven is by doing enough good to level the scales. In Essence you work your way to God, a distant God which isn't personal.
The Christian God, which I might add is the true God, is the only one which describes our complete depravity and inability to work our way to him. Instead he came! The only one of all the gods throughout the world to actually come down the MTN to search and rescue those which will follow him. While I know this isn't the popular answer and folks want inclusivity in today's worlds. Truth is not relative it is absolute and the truth is
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, and no man comes to the Father except though the sin". John 14:6

Madman

Good in my quest for "Light."
Not for my righteousness. Lack of atoned by Jesus.

That's why I like Jesus so much.
Did Jesus die for the Hindu?
Yes he died for the Hindu.

1 Timothy 2:3-4
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth