Burn on Sapelo Island

Jaz86

Last year while talking to the biologist at the hunt he mentioned that they were working on plans for a controlled burn on the island to thin some of the brush and palmettos. Does anyone know if this happened this year?

tputman

I am so glad you asked, I have been curious on the same thing. I guess the biologist told a lot of people because I had the same talk with him on last years hunt. I am going again this year nov. 16-18, please post back on here if you find out the answer. It would change my plans on which number to hunt. Thanks

b rad

I am so glad you asked, I have been curious on the same thing. I guess the biologist told a lot of people because I had the same talk with him on last years hunt. I am going again this year nov. 16-18, please post back on here if you find out the answer. It would change my plans on which number to hunt. Thanks

ill be there on that hunt again as well

tputman

Awesome, we will be in camp Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. We usually camp to the left of the dock by the pole and water. Look me up when you get to camp we are planning on another fish fry Wednesday afternoon before the hunt.

b rad

will do and I read on dnr page that sapelo is not going to close hunts just might close some stand numbers down due to damage

b rad

im guessing u will be there this week how was the hunt a couple weeks ago did any numbers get shut down

b rad

Awesome, we will be in camp Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. We usually camp to the left of the dock by the pole and water. Look me up when you get to camp we are planning on another fish fry Wednesday afternoon before the hunt.

will u let me know how much room on the docks for boats im coming there early wed morning