Yeti Coolers are they worth the money?

howie_r

I was looking at some yeti coolers and I was wondering if they were worth the price? anyone have any experiance with them what is the big diffrence between them and say a big coleman cooler?

Nitro

Banned
Big difference.

In August at my SC property, Ice will last in an Igloo about 24-36 hours..

A Yeti holds ice for 4 days or so. We have bought two for the club and they are impressive. more insulation, tougher construction from the material standpoint and the hinges are built to last...

I will be buying one more for my personal use.

seaweaver

I have found 2 colman 5 day units and they are nice for my aps.
My pal has a yeti for bow of his 20' boat and it never moves and is stable enough to cast off it....but don't ask me to move it... even empty.

cw

ArmyTaco

Just go ahead and get an Engle fridge/freezer. Best cooler investment ever made. Runs in car or off outlet in house. Draws so little current as long as you drive once a day your battery will not die. Google reviews for them, they are awesome.

huntone

Got a Yeti, had all the others is the reason I have a Yeti. Would buy another in a moment. Coleman 5 day will last a while, but won't out last a Yeti!! I have several Colemans that need rebuilding. They definitely will not hold ice like a Yeti and won't seal like it either. Just depends on what it's worth to ya?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
My biggest concern would be somebody stealin` it. I just about always keep a cooler in the bed of the truck.

rex upshaw

Big difference.

In August at my SC property, Ice will last in an Igloo about 24-36 hours..

A Yeti holds ice for 4 days or so. We have bought two for the club and they are impressive. more insulation, tougher construction from the material standpoint and the hinges are built to last...

I will be buying one more for my personal use.

yep. a buddy of mine brought one down for a weekend in south georgia, with temps in the mid 90's, ice went in on thursday and we still had ice on sunday.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
My biggest concern would be somebody stealin` it. I just about always keep a cooler in the bed of the truck.
Same here. I would hate to spend that kind of many for someone to grab it out of my truck:banginghe

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I would like to have one of the smaller ones for my boat though.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
It is a fine piece of equipment.

I am very particular about letting it out of my sight.

Gaswamp

Yettis are awesome. this time a year ice will last two weeks in one.

drhunt20

They are awesome. Ours held a bag of ice for two weeks (this was right after the first of the year). Def a good idea.

Hunt&Fish

I've had one for 3 years. It is worth the money to me. I use it hunting and fishing. It is heavy and has rubberpads on the bottom so it does not slide around in my boat or in the back of my pickup.

ryanwhit

yeti, engle, ssi, frigid rigid...all the same type of cooler. there is no comparison between them and a coleman 5 day. which is actually like a coleman 1 day...if you're lucky. the real coolers will hold ice for days, even in summer. is it worth it??? that's up to you...

Dean

Expensive

but being 'bear proof' for camping in bear country and able to take a repeated beating from the luggage folks on airlines helps justify them. Of course they hold ice a good while, but it sure is cheaper to add a chuck of dry ice to a 5 day (or 1 day for that matter) Coleman than buy a Yeti simply because it holds ice better...by that's my 02

bross07

They do hold ice well but the best thing about them is that all of the hinges and latches are molded and will never break. If they do, they will give you another one.

SC Hunter

My buddy has one he got for christmas and he has his in the back of his truck with a lock and chain holding it in there.

Nooge

I drink all my beer before the ice has a chance to melt....even using a five-gallon bucket as an ice chest. Cheers!