Anybody else like to whittle?

I have been collecting old case knives for a while now and last year I started doing a little whittling. I love it! Great way to spend my down time instead of staring at my phone. Would like to find a club. Any whittlers on here from the Statesboro area?

Attachments

• KIMG0369.jpg
    KIMG0369.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 588

Capt Quirk

It takes a lot of patience to carve a chain! I wouldn't know from personal experience though, never had the patience ;) I did used to whittle and carve, years ago. When I got bored, I'd pick up a thick stick out of the yard, and carve a good looking long stem rose, and add stems and leaves from my Mom's Rose garden. I used to find a gal and give it to them. It was like shooting fish in a barrel.

wvdawg

Staff member
Good looking work! Love the balls inside the boxes. Real nice.

Thanks for the kind words. Nobody who knows me would describe me as patient. I really do enjoy carving the chains. I have tried caricatures and wood spirits but carving Whimsy has been my favorite thus far. You can get lost it the rhythm of the work.

Hillbilly stalker

You do good work bud. Maybe checkout bushcraft USA forums. Lots of carvers and whistlers hang out there.

j_seph

I have a chain hooked to a box with the ball in it my dad did over 40 years ago. I attempted one time and lost patience.

Good looking work you have done

muzzy17is

I used to whittle when I was in the stand sometimes; put little faces on stick or see how sharp I could get one to a point. I do want to try my hand at carving some mountain man faces on logs though here in the near future.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Impressive to say the least man. Nice work.