File this under "Water is wet."

centerpin fan

"WASHINGTON, D.C. -- U.S. Protestants' views on moral issues such as abortion, gay and lesbian relations, and premarital sex differ sharply, depending on their denominational affiliation. Episcopalians, Presbyterians, Methodists and Lutherans -- the "mainline" denominations -- are distinctly more liberal on a number of moral issues than are Baptists, Pentecostals and those identifying with nondenominational Protestant groups."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/218204/moral-issues-not-protestants-created-equal.aspx?version=print

gordon 2

"WASHINGTON, D.C. -- U.S. Protestants' views on moral issues such as abortion, gay and lesbian relations, and premarital sex differ sharply, depending on their denominational affiliation. Episcopalians, Presbyterians, Methodists and Lutherans -- the "mainline" denominations -- are distinctly more liberal on a number of moral issues than are Baptists, Pentecostals and those identifying with nondenominational Protestant groups."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/218204/moral-issues-not-protestants-created-equal.aspx?version=print

Quote{ And more broadly, religion continues to be an important component of understanding the nation's contemporary political scene.} end quote.

Yes very wet.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)

"mainline" as opposed to "fringe". Nice moniker. Wonder who exactly makes that designation.

SemperFiDawg

And when did you become a Moderator?

SemperFiDawg

When I opened that very special box of Cracker Jack. :yeah:

That's GREAT! I've always wanted a moderator moderator. So did you have to go to moderator school or is it more of Guild type thing, or is it by appointment or ordination, or maybe a bestowal or best yet, a begatment.

centerpin fan

That's GREAT! I've always wanted a moderator moderator. So did you have to go to moderator school or is it more of Guild type thing, or is it by appointment or ordination, or maybe a bestowal or best yet, a begatment.

There's a super secret initiation ceremony. I'll probably get banned for revealing it, but here's a peek:

j_seph

Reckon these poll results could be because of the ones who are in such approval, Episocpal lets say is comprised of those who left the stricter churches? Preacher in the stricter churches preached the word straight from the bible, offended some who didn't like what the bible said so they left for a church/religion that satisfies their needs instead of them satisfying Gods word and requirements.

centerpin fan

Reckon these poll results could be because of the ones who are in such approval, Episocpal lets say is comprised of those who left the stricter churches? Preacher in the stricter churches preached the word straight from the bible, offended some who didn't like what the bible said so they left for a church/religion that satisfies their needs instead of them satisfying Gods word and requirements.

The only problem with that is the liberal mainline churches are losing members at a frightening pace. See here for more info:

http://livingchurch.org/covenant/2017/07/24/facing-episcopal-church-decline/

gordon 2

Minds and visions puffed are formidable gods... they wait the centuries to reap their sowings... Bla Bla Bla...

To wit: While the nations homes burn, the pious quarrel on their foundations. Bla Bla Ba'al.

SemperFiDawg

There's a super secret initiation ceremony. I'll probably get banned for revealing it, but here's a peek:

Uhhhh! Couldn't bring myself to click on that. From the looks of all them men in nothing but white boxers in the frame I couldn't help but think that maybe you were confused and had posted the ceremony for joining a "mainline" church.