WMA Hog dates

SouthGa Fisher

So I'm looking at hunting warwoman wma because I just moved up here. Since rifle season opened up this morning, can hogs be hunted throughout deer season even though deer hunts are only a few times a season?

I didn't know if you could hunt them while a sign in or check in hunt was not going on.

35 Whelen

Feral hogs can be hunted on WMA's anytime a season is open for game animals on that particular WMA with the legal weapon and ammunition for that game animal. Example - during small game season on that WMA feral hogs can be taken with legal small game weapons/ammo only. During turkey season, feral hogs can be taken with legal turkey weapons/ammo only. During big game hunts feral hogs can be taken with legal big game weapons/ammo only.

WARWOMAN WMA
15,800 acres • 770.535.5700
DEER
ARCHERY
» Either Sex: Sept. 9-29 s
FIREARMS
» Buck Only: Nov. 9-12 c | Nov. 30-
Dec. 3 c
BEAR
ARCHERY
» Sept. 9-29 s
FIREARMS
» General Hunt: Sept. 30-Oct. 8 s
| Nov. 9-12 c | Nov. 30 - Dec. 3 c
TURKEY
Mar. 24-May 15 s
SMALL GAME
Aug. 15 - Sept. 29, Oct. 9 - Nov. 8,
Nov. 15-29, Dec. 4-Feb. 28
DIRECTIONS
From Clayton Take U.S. 441 north;
turn right on Warwoman Rd.; go 3.5
miles to Finney Creek Rd.; turn left
and go 0.2 miles to check station.

Last edited:

SouthGa Fisher

Thanks for the info. I knew the dates of hunts and all, I guess my question was more specific. Deer season is in, but a hunt is not going on at that WMA. Can I hunt hogs with deer rifles since the season is in or does it have to be during a hunt?

fishtail

Feral hogs can be hunted on WMA's anytime a season is open for game animals on that particular WMA with the legal weapon and ammunition for that game animal. Example - during small game season on that WMA feral hogs can be taken with legal small game weapons/ammo only. During turkey season, feral hogs can be taken with legal turkey weapons/ammo only. During big game hunts feral hoga can be taken with legal big game weapons/ammo only.

35 Whelen’s response to your question is correct and complete.

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
Thanks for the info. I knew the dates of hunts and all, I guess my question was more specific. Deer season is in, but a hunt is not going on at that WMA. Can I hunt hogs with deer rifles since the season is in or does it have to be during a hunt?

Read Whelen's response and you'll see the answer is no. Each WMA has their own seasons which are hardly ever the same as the state season. Now, if you hunt National Forest land outside of a WMA the seasons are more like the state season.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly

Looks like there is Small Game going on.............take the .22mag and go get one!!

Just remember "Appropriate/legal firearm for ongoing/current season"

cam88

I believe that the special hunt with firearms was earlier this month but they can be hunted with small game weapons now. I might be mistaken though..