Hunt testing my girl

Silvereyes

So my dreams of owning a world class bird dog finally came true a few months ago. I am now super proud of my puppy and how far she has come so far (6.5 months old). She is getting steadier and steadier on her points with each hunt and loves it more than I could ever hope for.

I am thinking that I would like to run her in a AKC hunt test. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience or recommendations. I am having trouble locating any test in Georgia. I do not think I have the ability to train her to senior, but would love to at least see her get junior.

Attachments

• pinky quail.jpg
    pinky quail.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 371

StevePickard

I'll be glad to help you with info on the AKC Pointing Dog Hunt Tests. I've titled out 6 Brittanys in the Point Dog Tests and 1 English Cocker Spaniel in the AKC Spaniel Hunt tests and I've been involved with the Hunt Test for about 8 years. I'll look up the AKC Events calender and send you a link. I see you have a Brittany! I've got a 6 months old Brittany that I'll have in the tests this season too.
Steve Pickard
Briarbuster Brittanys
www.briarbusterbrittanys.com

StevePickard

In case you haven't found the AKC site for upcoming hunt test, here's a link for Georiga tests:
https://www.apps.akc.org/apps/event...reed=&event_states=GA&default_widget=Mar 2018

I only found one listed so far in Georgia, and that is in Crawfordville, Ga. March 3-4, 2018. We use to have several different hunt tests in Georgia, but looks like there won't be many this season. Check back on the calendar often and hopefully more will be scheduled. I did see a good may in Florida, and usually there are some in SC.
Steve Pickard

Silvereyes

I found that link and was hoping that it was not updated. I do not mind traveling, but was hoping for a few here in the supposed quail capital. Now to just keep this little girl on birds!

And maybe a few friends to give some training tips!