Flying Squirrel

rolling_rock_123

This is a pic that I got and posted on here several years ago. This thread got me thinking about it and I thought that I would post it for those that didn't see it.

Attachments

• house%20003.jpg
    house%20003.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 697

Buck Dropper

I had 8 in a box stand with me one morning. It is actually pretty terrifying when they are jumping all over you from all directions.

Barebowyer

Cool pics. There is a nest of them here on the grounds in Dublin where I work and I have seen two nests of them in Emmanuel county this past year. Cool little animals. Thanks for sharing the pics.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
That's a great photo with the one and the deer. I hear them squeaking at dusk and every now and then see one sail from tree to tree. I can mimic their calls by making a tight-lipped , squeaking "kiss" noise that is close enough for them to answer. I had one crawl down a trunk to within 5 feet once investigating the call. I live in an old residential urban area and the trees are full of them. Years ago, Nat'l Geo had a program on them and a segment showed families in the Atlanta area with elevated feeding platforms near trees. The squirrels would sail down to the platform to eat the nuts. The platforms were illuminated by patio lights which didn't seem to bother the squirrels and the families enjoyed watching them nightly. Beautiful creatures that don't need killing. Gil