Spypoint mini live 4GV

buc101

I purchased one about 3 months ago and I have mixed reviews. I set it up next to a Moultrie A5 to check out how well it captures. I checked it today and after 30 days, the Moultrie had over a 1000 pics and the Spypoint had 280. This has been the norm over the 3 months with a Browning and another Moultrie camera I used it next to.

I spoke to Spypoint and they suggested I load the latest software, which I did when I received it, but went ahead and did it again, no change. Battery last about a month but I had it set to send pics at every detection and then backed it off to every 2 hours. I have good reception so the delivery of pics to my cell and the email notices worked well. Overall the setup was easy, the website and setup from the website works well, I made changes to the camera through the website and that seemed to work well also. Biggest complaint is the detection and battery life. I will be calling Spypoint and ask for a replacement camera due to the detection.

The camera may be designed only takes next picture after the current one is sent. So in general, it will take less pictures.

buc101

There are several setting available for sending pictures, from every detection to every 12 hours to no cellular. I have tried different setting and I still miss pictures.

They have suggested I upgrade the firmware which I will do and put it back out.