*Spring Fling 2018* {PIC HEAVY}

Cletus T.

And something I just realized………on the picture of the trophy and the shirt and hat……..if you look close enough, on the top of the trophy sits the spinnerbait that caught the 4-10 winning bass!

Pretty Neat

Bream Pole

Any particular part of the lake you were catching "jack" and what baits were they partial too. Thinking of a camping trip to fish just for them. Love jack.

Papa Bear

Cletus, looks like a great time you fellas had this year. Good times and great memories can't beat that.

61BelAir

Any particular part of the lake you were catching "jack" and what baits were they partial too. Thinking of a camping trip to fish just for them. Love jack.

I'm sure Cletus will post up with the current answer, but last year the ones we caught hit a chartreuse spinner bait. We caught our best ones on the shoreline across from the park's little store that day, but I think the whole lake should be good for them.

Thanks for the picture Cletus!! I think it's the best one I've seen on the forum here. That's about the same as the one Shannon caught April 1st. It was the longest one we've got yet. When I attempted to unhook it for her (she usually unhooks her own fish, but it was big and toothy...also one of few she's caught) it managed to shake loose from the hook and got me good. One of it's teeth even broke off in me.

Cletus T.

They we’re everywhere man…….pretty much everybody in our group caught at least one jack-fish and they we’re up in the shallows. They had to be spawning as one drop those eggs all over me and my shoes. We caught them on spinnerbaits and few were caught on flukes and rattletraps but they we’re even hitting our slow moving plastics like worms and lizards.

The bigger ones we’re caught down on the south end – kind of in front of the general store / office area there.

Yes…..please go catch all the jack-fish they will allow and get them out of there!!!

It`s pretty amazing to see what the fling has gown into from it`s humble beginnings. We started with 4 guys, 2 boats, 1 tent, and a pack of red weenies for "banquet" night. I agree with Cleatus that the fishing started out tough, and the dang pickerel wreaked havoc, but by the end we had figured a little something out. I had to break out the Zeppelin shirt to get some love from the fish. I`m already looking forward to next year when we can gather together for fellowship and fishing once again.