Kevin Strother leaving Strother Archery

XJfire75

Yep, its official. He's gone from another one.

Details are all over AT but mainly some contracts were comprimised and things couldnt be resolved. Strother Archery will still be around and have some bows released in 2011 though.

That is all...

bowsmith

Shocker. Really. It is.

Arrow3

I think I may see a pattern here...:rofl:

killNgrill

Lol, I want one of his new bows from his new company, don't know the name of it yet or what the bow will look like or shoot like. But I want one.haha

Guy builds a heck of a bow, but his business history/reputation aren't exactly exemplary thus far.

Taylor Co.

The man seems to be able to design bows that people want. With that being said, there definitely is a pattern. I never knew that he didn't own that Co..of course I never did a lot of research. I mean his name was used with this Co..I followed that long thread on AT..It appears that he'll have to compete with a Co. with his own name on it. That is if he wants to have his own Co. which is what he said on AT.
What a Soap-Opera!!!

reylamb

The man seems to be able to design bows that people want. With that being said, there definitely is a pattern. I never knew that he didn't own that Co..of course I never did a lot of research. I mean his name was used with this Co..I followed that long thread on AT..It appears that he'll have to compete with a Co. with his own name on it. That is if he wants to have his own Co. which is what he said on AT.
What a Soap-Opera!!!

How could anyone keep up and not be confused whenever Kevin speaks.

He "left" Bowtech, but before he left he announced on AT that a new company was being formed by his wife, and she was designing the bows. It was her company......or maybe not exactly, and maybe she was not exactly designing the bows........

Then he "leaves" Elite to "start his own company." He even stated on AT that he would be there forever because "the company had his name on it." Ok, well, maybe stating it was his company was a little exaggeration.......or blatant lie.

fatboy84

I'm appalled. I may have to sell my Synergy now.

Nah...It still shoots too good.

But there definitely is a pattern and on ewould think that it will eventually burn all his bridges and he will be forced to start his own company (really this time) if he wants to design and build bows.

Taylor Co.

How could anyone keep up and not be confused whenever Kevin speaks.

He "left" Bowtech, but before he left he announced on AT that a new company was being formed by his wife, and she was designing the bows. It was her company......or maybe not exactly, and maybe she was not exactly designing the bows........

Then he "leaves" Elite to "start his own company." He even stated on AT that he would be there forever because "the company had his name on it." Ok, well, maybe stating it was his company was a little exaggeration.......or blatant lie.

I agree Jeff. He's a dang confusing individual. I guess when your spinning an elaborate web of crap...

Hawire

I thought that was the New Breed guy.

Nope. Richard is winchester archery. He has nothing to do with NBA. He packed his bags when things didn't go the way he thought they should. And new Breed keeps getting stronger and stronger.

GusGus

Nope. Richard is winchester archery. He has nothing to do with NBA. He packed his bags when things didn't go the way he thought they should. And new Breed keeps getting stronger and stronger.

Thats what I meant, he left New Breed to design for Winchester. I was wondering what that post had to do with Kevin Strother.

reylamb

Thats what I meant, he left New Breed to design for Winchester. I was wondering what that post had to do with Kevin Strother.

And Pearson, and High Country, and Newberry.......kinda like Kevin, but yes, 2 different folks.

Taylor Co.

My prediction: KS will produce several bows under Stingray. He will have Athens do all the machine work. After all, Athens is a CNC Machine shop 1st. The machine-work will be awesome as will the bow. He will sell them like hotcakes and prosper.
SA will suffer. The bows they have now and the bows they will have whatever were designed for 2011, customers will not trust them to stay around and they will die off.
SA is not as strong as Bowtech or Elite. They atleast had some yrs. behind them. There are great engineers out there, but they will pay dearly for them especially after running their mouths in a Elk Camp:crazy:
Kevin, hopefully has realized that there is really only 1 way for his success Do it all himself, well, his Co.

bowsmith

If I was a betting man, I would say Athens WON'T produce for Kevin.

reylamb

My prediction: KS will produce several bows under Stingray. He will have Athens do all the machine work. After all, Athens is a CNC Machine shop 1st. The machine-work will be awesome as will the bow. He will sell them like hotcakes and prosper.
SA will suffer. The bows they have now and the bows they will have whatever were designed for 2011, customers will not trust them to stay around and they will die off.
SA is not as strong as Bowtech or Elite. They atleast had some yrs. behind them. There are great engineers out there, but they will pay dearly for them especially after running their mouths in a Elk Camp:crazy:
Kevin, hopefully has realized that there is really only 1 way for his success Do it all himself, well, his Co.
To be honest, SA is not much farther behind where Elite was when Kevin had his falling out over there. Both are almost unheard of outside of cyberspace, and neither Elite nor SA have much, if any presence in the target communities. Kevin did not help himself or SA out with his original plans to use binary type cams.......which once again landed him and his related companies in a court room.
If I was a betting man, I would say Athens WON'T produce for Kevin.
Or a whole host of other machine shops out there........his reputation precedes him.

oogachaka

Yep, its official. He's gone from another one.

Details are all over AT but mainly some contracts were comprimised and things couldnt be resolved. Strother Archery will still be around and have some bows released in 2011 though.

That is all...

And "AT" stands for?