Pickens Co. Roll Call

Gunner308

Yup. Its about that time.
Everyone who is hunting Pickens this season, let us know whats going on in your neck of the woods.

Rays123

got several decent bucks on cam, cant wait for the velvet to come off to see what there working with, one thing for sure, the bear population has exploded this year, we cant even keep our feeders on the tree or on their legs

bowandgun

I have seen several doe and fawn groups, two bucks a small 6 and small 8. Seems like they are feeding on acorns pretty good right now.

drewpatt

Struggling a little this season so far. Think there's way to much for them to eat rite now & they aint moving a lot where I'm at.

bowandgun

Saw two doe and an 8 pt. thought real hard about shooting him, but let him go, he was under 10 yards from stand.

bowandgun

morning is when I saw the 8 pt and two does, evenings mosdtly does. I went in the am right after the rain, when it has cooler.

bowandgun

Wow, Sat am saw a total of 4 bucks three 8 and one 10, never could get a shot on the bigger deer. Two eights started fighting. the ten was there first eating acorns and I never had a shot then 30 minutes later the three 8s put on there show. I hope to get back out there with this cool weather.

bowandgun

Does anyone else hear the load booms through out the day and into the night. It sometimes sounds like rifle shots. I was wondering if it was only the marble mines blasting or is it people poaching. What do you guys think?

NorthGaBowhunter

Does anyone else hear the load booms through out the day and into the night. It sometimes sounds like rifle shots. I was wondering if it was only the marble mines blasting or is it people poaching. What do you guys think?

I am on the Dawson Pickens co. line and don't think I hear them. I will pay more attention now!! Are you on the east side of hwy 5????

REB 73

you can always low boom around marble hill area even feel it in the ground

Rays123

if your in the marble hill area its probably the mines but I wouldnt doubt poachers either because theres a ton of them in pickens county