$10 gallon 2-cycle oil

Wild Turkey

Standard mix rate average is 50:1 so for every 50 gal gas you burn 1 gal 2 stroke oil. Try filling 2 120 gal tanks plus oil.

Hookum

Eugene Stinson

When I first got the boat I took it to the shop for a full looking over. Everything looked fine but the engine needed a tune-up fogging because of excess carbon in the combustion chamber. That was 8 years ago. This year was the year I was going to give it the full treatment again. Had my seats recovered, new hardware all over the trailer including bearings, new boat cover, HDS 7 so far this year. I just got it back from the shop because of the weep hole leaking in the lower unit. Had all the seals replace in the foot and water pump impeller changed. Told them to do a tune-up if it needed it, fogging was permitted. All they needed to do was change the wore spark plugs.(I Guess The Oil Is Doing Good). For this last job it cost $407.
I have only to get my props fixed on this year’s list. One is dinged up pretty bad and the only that looks perfect has a spun hub. (Thank you craigs list)
The only thing I have left to do to make it 100% would be the replace the carpet. It is starting to look like it is getting thin. That is on my next year’s list to get done by the end of January. And as usual I guess as soon as I get it to 100% I will sell it and buy a new one. MAN ARE FISHERMEN CRAZY OR WHAT? :crazy:
I turn 50 in Feb. I would like to get a new one then which would be the last one I would need till death do us part:yawn:, mine.
I can either get a new boat (Romney gets voted in) or keep the old one (Obama stays in) but it would be in great shape. (The boat, not the economy)

Last edited: