#8 to the eye

goastinstructor

Pulled a smart one early this morning. Started as a great day of fishing had four of the biggest blue gill ive ever seen then Snag! Pull! POP!!! Where did the hook go? Well it didnt take long to figure it out... Inside corner if my left eye was a #8 eagle burried almost past the barb in the white part of my eye. I wanna see that boy on YouTube remove a hook like that. Well im riding shotgun with my wife going to have it checked out I have a pic on my Iphone of the after math but cant get it to load

mtr3333

Banned
Hope it goes well for you. I know how bad just a scratch can be.

Sterling

Oh man, I'm tearing up just thinking about it. Hope it comes out easy and with no damage to your eye.

hummdaddy

good luck with that one,i scratched my eyeball with a grain of sand 1 time and it was not fun...hope no permanent damage is done to it,and good luck again....

Hankus

sucks, but sounds like it'll heal with lil to no damage where it hit

goastinstructor

All is good i pulled it out myself in a panic induced yank when it happened clear bill from the Dr and home lil sore but no worse for wear

ROBSFISHER

Man. That sounds painful. Glad you and your eye are good. Still wanna see those pics. Hope you get back on the water soon.

Eugene Stinson

I pulled a crankbait loose that was hung in a grass bed. Came off the grass like a bullet and hooked the palm I was pulling with. Pushed it on through, cut the hook and kept fishing the tourney.

That wasn't that bad but yours is just unnerving to just think about.

Da Da Fishing

Almost did the same thing last week. Had a fly imbedded just below my eye. I had to pull it back through and pinch the barb. Good luck. I hope no damage to the eye.

DD F

Latest posts