This Can't Be Good (boat sunk-video)

Sterling

Took some friends out to fish, but my boat developed a leak and well...it kinda sunk. Managed to make it to a sandy spot on Lanier and am SOOOooo grateful for the Tow Boat USA guys and my mechanic. Boat motor-fixed. Boat leak-found. Other issues-in the works. Could of been worse, but thank the Lord it wasn't.

tucker80

Glad y'all made it out ok. Question, did the bilge pump not kick on?
Again, glad y'all made it out safely.

whatman

been there done that, except on the coosa river below the lock and dam. very scary experience. glad yall are ok. you dont really know you are in trouble till the back of the boat goes under, then its too late.

Sterling

been there done that, except on the coosa river below the lock and dam. very scary experience. glad yall are ok. you dont really know you are in trouble till the back of the boat goes under, then its too late.

Oh so true.

Sterling

Glad y'all made it out ok. Question, did the bilge pump not kick on?
Again, glad y'all made it out safely.

Bilge pump was apparently broken or burned out at some point, but what really got the water in was the overflow connection to the outside of the boat from the live well. Once it filled up the boat to the other opportunities for water to enter it was beyond what I could do except hit the beach.