Looking for a fairly cheap, affordable place in N GA to take wife

j_seph

Want to take her kayaking, neither of us have ever done it. Looking for an affordable, beginners area to try it out and see if we get hooked on it or not. What are y'alls suggestions?

jcarleto

You can rent a kayak at Cedar Creek (near Cave Spring, GA) and do a half-day run on the creek for very little money. Fishing is great there. It will give you a taste. However, I wouldn't take my own kayak there again. Lots of shoals with sharp rocks...better to scar up someone else's ride.

Euharlee Outfitters has half-day trip rentals on the Lower Etowah that are not expensive.

I'm sure there are others, but I did both of these in my initial "research" before I took the plunge into kayaks.

Possum

Banned
There is a nice little cabin on Tallulah Falls lake rents for $125 a night.

K80Shooter

There's a place over between Royston and Danielsville on wildcat bridge road that does this. Nothing fancy and the water is not too deep or rough. Maybe someone who has done it here will chime in for you.

j_seph

There's a place over between Royston and Danielsville on wildcat bridge road that does this. Nothing fancy and the water is not too deep or rough. Maybe someone who has done it here will chime in for you.
Thank you and the others, when I asked if she would try it I got the reply would I try a pedicure:banginghe:hair:

Now it is how bad do I want her to go try itfacepalm:

Coenen

Thank you and the others, when I asked if she would try it I got the reply would I try a pedicure:banginghe:hair:

Now it is how bad do I want her to go try itfacepalm:
Sounds like she's happy to trade a little kayaking time to get your stanky feet cleaned up a bit. ::ke: :bounce:

Teh Wicked

Morgan Falls Reservoir rents yaks and they are right on the water. You could easily rent one and go down and do some fishing right there.

j_seph

She was trying to get our daughter to go with me in her place, I said babe you go tubing. She said yeah but that is in a river not a lake. Maybe now that she understands it in a river not a lake I can get out of having my footsies messed with.