Feeding a Teenage T-Rex.....

Dub

Got home from work yessaday evening with a desire for tacos....after seeing Moonpie's fish taco plate.

Phone my son on the way home and he said he was just thinking about what to eat next for his dinner after dinner. facepalm: He agreed that tacos would be right on time.

I had six soft shells and six hard shells. I shredded up some leftover jerked chicken and smoked chuck roast....added some taco seasoning and let it simmer a few minutes while I sipped a cold canned goods product that may or may not have contained hops & barley. :stir:

I figured I'd do double deckers with frijoles & cheese and sauces in between the layers.

The plan was for him to use whichever hot sauce he wanted....that habanero was what I figured he roll with, but he preferred Bream Pole's datil sauce.

Since there were to be 6 tacos made....we came up with an equitable split between he and I..........

His plate........:rofl:

Rack came back empty.

Guess who conned me out of the 5th ???

So....I did tackle that one lone remaining taco before the feeding frenzy ended. :cool:

Dub

Thanks, Flatwoods....I had to hold my ground and growl a bit....but the taco was mine all mine.

Hooked him up with some sausage biscuits and eggs this morning.

Cleaned up the mess I'd made and then got a start on dinnertime eats.

Got a smallish brisket flat to smoke for tonight's eats.

No binder or such.....just rub and let it set while I got the smoker ready.

Used some pecan splits....rolled the bark to the coals after the pic was taken and let it burn down some before stacking everything on.

Cheating and using the BBQ Guru controller & fan so I can get some errands run and let this thing smoke away. Running this one 275. Will likely wrap it around stall time and bump it up a few degrees and roll through the stall and on to dinnertime.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
:clap::clap::clap: :cool::cool::cool:

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Good looking tacos Dub. I'm liking the brekfus also. Can't wait to see the brisket!

Dub

Well.......wife made it home well before my 6:30 stated ready-time.

She asked for a plate right away...didn't feel like waiting on son and his date.

Mashed taters, string beans and sliced brisket.

She said the brisket wasn't all that.......so I changed direction on the remaining flat and cubed it....doused in some home-brewed hickory sauce and into the oven.

It was ready about the time the rest of the diners arrived.

Their plates looked more promising than her's.

Son gave me high marks on the grub later on. Happy griller who had to scramble to get it right.

Pointpuller

Looks good from here Dub. Ive done a few briskets and they have all been decent but not top shelf. I haven't figured them out yet.

chobrown

Dang that looks good.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, fine lookin' eats! And I would have tore up that sliced brisket, myself. :cheers:

I remember the days of two ravenous teenagers. I miss them being around, but it's nice to get some food yourself, too. :bounce: