One Jar Muscadine Jelly Recipe...

HD28

Never made jelly before and had a hankering for some muscadine jelly, so picked some, got some Sure-Jell and tweaked recipe to what I thought might work. To be honest, I haven't personally had any better! Turned out good IMO.

Single Small Jar Muscadine Jelly Recipe

Ingredients:
• “Hat Full” of fresh muscadines.
• Little over 1 cup sugar.
• About 3/4 pack of Sure-Jell.

Instructions:
1. Wash muscadines, place in a stockpot and add just enough water to cover the muscadines.
2. Place over medium heat and bring to a full boil. (As muscadines begin to heat, start mashing them with a potato masher.)
3. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes, continuing to mash muscadines.
4. Remove from heat and pour mixture through a strainer into a different stockpot.
5. Place stockpot of juice over medium heat and bring to a full rolling boil that does not stop bubbling when stirred (about 5 minutes). Reduce to simmer.
6. When mixture is at simmer level, add Sure-Jell to the juice and stir until well dissolved. Bring to full rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
7. Next, add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Cook at full rolling boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
8. Pour contents into small half pint jar and let set at room temperature, then refrigerate.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Dang! Wish I had a jar of that

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I have a friend that runs his musadines thru the juicer first.Separates almost all the pulp/seed/skins from the juice.