Geese

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Anybody here eat them? They fly over me everyday and I was wondering if I should try to bag a few.

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Had a friend give me some goose breasts several years ago. We made goose fajitas out of them. They were good, that's the only time I've ever had it.

oldfella1962

yes, geese taste great! I would say "tastes like chicken" but that's played out. Lotsa meat on a goose, that's for sure!

ugajay

Only killed a couple myself. The breasts make really good jerky. Just do it like I do deer jerky

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Please do. I'd love to hear about the results.

Thinking Ima gonna bust one. I understood that they mate for life, that is a concern I'll have to look in to as well.

Bream Pole

My son used to smoke them for Christmas family get together and they were very good. Internist I went to also did one every Christmas on his BGE. Said they were wonderful.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

Cook them any way you would cook beef, just don't cook them past medium rare, medium well is pushing it. We've grinded them up into hamburgers with cheap bacon with the ratio of one goose to one pound of bacon. Another recipe is marinating them, and then wrapping them with bacon and a piece of sweet onion. Crockpot with cream of mushroom soup and Lipton dry onion soup mix is great too.

joey1919

Thinking Ima gonna bust one. I understood that they mate for life, that is a concern I'll have to look in to as well.

I think geese are kinda like people, they mate for life until something happens to the mate, then they remate for life. Doves ar the same way, I kill lots of them.

Cook med rare or less, thats the only way I cook any duck or goose.

little rascal

Goose

You can do anything with goose you would do with venison. Grind some with a little beef fat and you will never want grocery store ground beef again.:bounce:

Quackmasterofgeorgia

They do mate for life, just like doves, but if the mate is killed, it will find a new one.

BeerThirty

My buddies chunk up the breast meat, wrap in bacon and marinade in sweet baby rays for at least 2 days. Then they grill them low and slow for an hour. Mini flavor missiles

cowhornedspike

I agree with the med rare suggestions other than if cooking by crockpot...slow cooked breast smothered in cream of mushroom soup and you will think you are eating roast beef and gravy.