Pcikens/Cherokee -- Small late planted food plot ?'s

mattuga

Banned
So the $100 we all put in to food plots has not happened this year. Opened myself up to help anytime and it did not happen. No real long story to it, it just never got done.

The area I want to put one is a small old logging deck when they thinned the pines a few years back. There is an endzone sized area I'd like to put a food plot down, maybe seed about half of it. What is my best option this time of year and can I just broadcast and hand rake it in? I hate it ended up this way but just trying to salvage a solid spot with some food. I have a 4 wheeler can could get discs but if it is small area I'm thinking a couple guys could rake it in.

you need to fence it off, and grow some hogs in it. they will plow it. then, sow the seed. then add the chickens for fertilizer. after that, put some goats in there to mow it, aerate it, and fertilize.

*Im talking jam up food plot.

Killdee

It’s not late it’s just now time to plant. Scratch it up best you can and broadcast wheat and fertilizer before a rain. Cut it in with your disks if you can.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
It’s not late it’s just now time to plant. Scratch it up best you can and broadcast wheat and fertilizer before a rain. Cut it in with your disks if you can.

This with some crimson clover would work.If the ground is wet you can overseed the clover unless it has a lot of leaf debri without raking in.(Not the best way)If you turn in with the plows plant some Diakon radishes to help loosen the soil for next year.Loading docks are hard packed.